Its alive!!! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to CobraRThunder
Its alive!!!

I finally got the car all back together, and in runnig order. The 5-speed swap wasn't as bad as many people say it is. The hardest part was the pedal instal, and believe it or not...bleeding the clutch lines. I was beginning to wonder on the bleeding part, and I thought brakes were a Pain. I hope to get the car on the road early next week, I have to wait for my computer to be tuned foso it runs right. To all thinking about doing this swap, go for it. To all who say its a bad idea...you don't really know until you've tried it for youyrself. Thanks to PapaJohn, jason, jim and all the rest for making this possible. Chris

4R70W From DirtyDog
VORTECH BLOWN w/3.12" Reichard ultra-grip pulley
TEA Stage2 PI Heads, 9.5:1 manley slugs/manley H-beams, cobra crank, VTStage3 blower cams, Trick Flow track heat intake, FMIC TR1245 intercooler, ART Dual 2.5" exhaust/Stainless/no cats, KOOKS coated headers, 4.10 w/ Auburn Pro, aluminum 8.8 housing, Dynotech driveshaft, Koni's, Eibach Springs, Baer 13" big brake kit. cobra rear brake/hub conversion, VMP Slot Blowthru setup, #60 Inj. 75mm TB,
615 rwhp/500 torque 15.5psi best of [email protected] still needs tuning.
CarDomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/426794
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 01:21 AM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Jason
I'm Glad its alive and running...

Who are you getting to do you chip.....??

Lots of Stuff, but the important one is a "5-speed" 4.6L V8 (for sale)

2006 Toyota Tundra 4wd (new vehicle), to pull my boat one day when I get a boat
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Ford Chip is doing the chip. I sent them the computer overnight, and they have had it for 4 days now. I've made several attempts to contact them, but have recieved no return e-mails. Does anyone have a phone #. Chris

4R70W From DirtyDog
TEA Stage2 PI Heads, 9.5:1 manley slugs/manley H-beams, cobra crank, VTStage3 blower cams, Trick Flow track heat intake, FMIC TR1245 intercooler, ART Dual 2.5" exhaust/Stainless/no cats, KOOKS coated headers, 4.10 w/ Auburn Pro, aluminum 8.8 housing, Dynotech driveshaft, Koni's, Eibach Springs, Baer 13" big brake kit. cobra rear brake/hub conversion, VMP Slot Blowthru setup, #60 Inj. 75mm TB,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 04:59 PM
5th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by CobraRThunder
I finally got the car all back together, and in runnig order. The 5-speed swap wasn't as bad as many people say it is. The hardest part was the pedal instal, and believe it or not...bleeding the clutch lines. I was beginning to wonder on the bleeding part, and I thought brakes were a Pain. I hope to get the car on the road early next week, I have to wait for my computer to be tuned foso it runs right. To all thinking about doing this swap, go for it. To all who say its a bad idea...you don't really know until you've tried it for youyrself. Thanks to PapaJohn, jason, jim and all the rest for making this possible. Chris
Chris

Great news on the swap.
I feel your pain when you talk about the bleeding part. When I first did mine it took me forever to bleed mine. I found a pressure bleeder for about $50.00 & it's been a lifesaver for bleeding. It's made by a company called Motive Products www.motiveproducts.com. It's called the Universal Power Bleeder & sells for $49.95. It's a worthwhile investment if you ever need to bleed it again (I'm assuming you are using the SC reservoir).

Jim Metcalfe
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Well, I got the EEC back today and into the car. I took it out and drove it for the first time. What a blast. The computer is still relearnig itself and all so its not yet up to par. Also I cant get on it for 600 miles . But ohh well, I dont want to kill the likfe of the clutch, cause I hate taking the transmission out of these cars...Damn gas tank. Chris

4R70W From DirtyDog

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in