How Much Life Left? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

How Much Life Left?

I have a 95 4.6 lx , a year ago I sent it to the ford dealer for a transmission oil change , they said they had to change seals (i did noticed a few drops of trans. oil on the driveway) when i got it back aside from the shift button which popped out a day after i got it (NOW HELD IN PLACE BY SARANWRAP) I noticed that if I am on the highway and need to downshift I step on the gas, the car downshifts revs go up but it just wont upshift unless i totally release the accelerator loose speed and then it upshifts , a few times after this happened , the O/D light started flashing, I would then pullover turn the engine off , wait a few minutes and it was ok , the 0/D light hasnt flashed in a while, but now I just found that if i shift into first the car wont move , as if it would be in park(fortunatelly i found this out with the car not moving., )
all this tells me the tranny is about to go any idea how much i can stretch it?
miles before the seal change 49k actual miles 56k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in