Mark T/C - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Mark T/C

I recently just installed the mark viii t/c expecting to get a higher stall, however to my dissapointment when my car was done I took it out to see how much of a difference the 3.73 FRPP pumkin and T/C would make, when i stalled i found that my stall was only brake stalling at about 1600 to 1700 rpm. before I stalled at about 1500 to 1600 rpm. i was very happy with the Pumpkin and 3.73's though. should i have a higher brake stall cause a lot of people that i talked to that have done this mod said theat they got a pretty good jump in stall. how much engind output do you need to get that much of a higher stall? i'm thinking about taking the stall into a guy i know so that he can redo the fins to give me a higher stalll but i was alreay expecting to have a higher stall without doing this. any comments or info will help. Thnaks,
MercCat_XR7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 10:32 AM
Refrigerator Raider Hater

How your engine doing? 1500 is kinda low for the stock TC, and so is 1700 for a mark8 TC. My point is, if you engine is making signifigantly less torque, the TC will stall sooner.

How are your plugs and wires? Cleaned your MAF recently? How old are your primary cats? Are you getting a CEL?

Matt "Looks Like Egon" Davis
96 Alpine Green V8
98 Audi A8 4.2Q in Racing Green Totalled
02 Audi A8L 4.2Q in Black

I buy my OEM Ford parts at 10% over dealer cost from Steve in White Bear Lake, MN.
You drive "like a man possessed"... by a woman!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Alright, I just put new wires along w/ coils in at the beginning of summer so those are good, my plugs are in pretty good shape. all gapped accordingly. i've had my flomasters on for about a year now and everything still looks good on the cats. I was getting a check engine light before i put the t/c in but when i hooked it up to a tester it just gave me a code PO443, which was telling me that my Canister Purge Valve was faulting. so i got that fixed and bye bye CEL. the last time i cleaned my MAF was prolly bout a month ago. So i'm not sure why i am only stalling out at about 1700. is there anything else that could be holding it back, cause i really don't wanna spend the money to get the fins on the t/c modified to find out that i didn't really need to do all that. thanks
MercCat_XR7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in