TransGo experts - Transgo's pressure relief valve - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

TransGo experts - Transgo's pressure relief valve

What is it? Give pictures of it, if can. Give instructions on how and where it is installed, if can.

Does this looks like the reliefe valve?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

ttt
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 10:49 PM
3rd Gear Chirper

Yeah, the pic you have is indeed the EPC Relief Valve, I would show you where it goes but I don't have any pics of the vb. You shouldn't use that anyway according to Jerry, because if that valve gets stuck open then it will cause a line pressure leak which will fail the trans. You will have to get a new vb if you choose not to install it again, because there are 2 holes drilled thru the passages inside that allow fluid to cross over into the passage which has the valve in it. I had one in my trans, you have to put the spring over the plunger's nipple, put the nipple thru the hole in the bracket, and put a paper clip thru the hole in the nipple to retain it until you bolt it into the valve body. Get it? Sorry about not having pics, I could explain it alot better then. The purpose of the valve is supposedly to relieve extreme line pressure due to electrical malfunctions, stuck EPC solenoid, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Refer to picture showing bolt number in shifty business: http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny...business.shtml

We mounted bracket onto bolts 23 and 24. I put spring and valve between valve body and tranny, some place under the 21, 22.

So you saying the valve and spring goes under that bracket, which bolts to bolts 23 and 24? At this pint there is no valve and spring there, so line pressure must be wide open!

Perhaps this will mean something to you:

When upshifting it's is fast and smooth. When auto or manual down shifting almost at any speed it is smooth. When in park or neutral and put it in drive or other gear it takes 2 sec to engage.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

I want to do this right asap, if I can. Please give instructions as to how and where to install it correctly. Tell me more about putting paper under it. I need to know where the valve goes, etc...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 11:39 PM

You will see a hole in the bottom plate of the valve body, about 3/16" or so. The rod's cone end is held in this hole by the spring and bracket. The bracket uses 2 of the vb's mounting bolts. The hole in the rod is for a piece of wire to keep the bracket, spring and rod together while you bolt the bracket in place. Remove the wire once in place.

IMO, I would do something to permanently block the hole, and toss the relief valve parts. Remember that there might be up to 300 PSI behind that hole (not sure, but that's the max line pressure plus some.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in