Need Help Fast - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to LiNkInPaRkFaN4LiFe
Need Help Fast

I pulled in to best buy today to get my stereo back cause it wouldnt come on...i put the stereo back in and i turned it on and it worked for about 10 seconds then it shut back off and i went to start my car and i pressed on the brake to shift out of park and the shifter will not move at all. To get it to move you have to shut off the car and put it in nutral and start it then it will move. What happend? I need to be able to shift it. Also my power seat wont work and my door locks wont work either. I got under there to check some of the fuses and they all look ok...so i dunno what this could be ive never had this happen. Thanks

1995 Thunderbird LX
4.6L (281CID), Densecharger, J-Mod, Civic Tube, High Flow Cats, Mid Mount Flowmaster 40, 18" Magnaflow Stainless Steel Tips, Clear Corners, 4.6 Badges, BF Goodrich 235-60-15s SOLD

1989 Thunderbird Supercoupe
3.8L Supercharged, 5-Speed SOLD

2006 Dodge Ram QC HEMI
Superchips 3815, SRT-10 hood, SRT-10 A-Piller, SRT-10 Night Runner 22" rims, 305-40-22 Nitto 420s tires, Magnaflow Y-Pipe, 3" SI/DO Cherry Bomb Extreme Muffler Dumped w/ 3" turndowns, DMH electric cutout, Debadged, 8000K HID's, Pioneer Premier DEH-860MP, Chrome intakes CAI, Air Ram Power wire, Air Ram Jet Stream, Slammed 1 Roll Pan, Smoked Led Tails, Slammed 1 Drop Shackles, Viper 791XV w/ remote start alarm....SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-04-2004, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to LiNkInPaRkFaN4LiFe
Is there some kind of sensor some where telling the car when i press the brake to shift it out of park? Is there a fuse some where, because now my door locks dont work, my brake lights dont work, my seats dont work, my windshield wipers dont work, and my stereo dosent work. The only way to get the car out of park is to turn the key forward and shift it in to neutral then start the car and shift it in to drive. Or could there be a short some where cause this all didnt start happening untill i got my stereo back from pioneer and put it back in the car. Any help is appriciated because i cant drive the car right now or else i will get pulled over. Thanks

1995 Thunderbird LX
4.6L (281CID), Densecharger, J-Mod, Civic Tube, High Flow Cats, Mid Mount Flowmaster 40, 18" Magnaflow Stainless Steel Tips, Clear Corners, 4.6 Badges, BF Goodrich 235-60-15s SOLD

1989 Thunderbird Supercoupe
3.8L Supercharged, 5-Speed SOLD

2006 Dodge Ram QC HEMI
Superchips 3815, SRT-10 hood, SRT-10 A-Piller, SRT-10 Night Runner 22" rims, 305-40-22 Nitto 420s tires, Magnaflow Y-Pipe, 3" SI/DO Cherry Bomb Extreme Muffler Dumped w/ 3" turndowns, DMH electric cutout, Debadged, 8000K HID's, Pioneer Premier DEH-860MP, Chrome intakes CAI, Air Ram Power wire, Air Ram Jet Stream, Slammed 1 Roll Pan, Smoked Led Tails, Slammed 1 Drop Shackles, Viper 791XV w/ remote start alarm....SOLD
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Overkill Fetish Freak

Yes, It's called the BOO (Brake on/off) switch and is located behind the brake pedal. Be sure to also check the main fuse block under the hood.

-Scott

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in