Do these actually work like they should? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-04-2004, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Do these actually work like they should?

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...2D70381&view=1

It's the B&M Shiftplus kit, basically an electronic shift improver, just wondering if anyone has had experience with them!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-04-2004, 11:27 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to CobraRThunder
stay away....FAR away

4R70W From DirtyDog
VORTECH BLOWN w/3.12" Reichard ultra-grip pulley
TEA Stage2 PI Heads, 9.5:1 manley slugs/manley H-beams, cobra crank, VTStage3 blower cams, Trick Flow track heat intake, FMIC TR1245 intercooler, ART Dual 2.5" exhaust/Stainless/no cats, KOOKS coated headers, 4.10 w/ Auburn Pro, aluminum 8.8 housing, Dynotech driveshaft, Koni's, Eibach Springs, Baer 13" big brake kit. cobra rear brake/hub conversion, VMP Slot Blowthru setup, #60 Inj. 75mm TB,
615 rwhp/500 torque 15.5psi best of [email protected] still needs tuning.
CarDomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/426794
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-04-2004, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

K, Thx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 09:47 PM

If the B&M does its "improving" by raising line presssure across the board, it will tend to wear internal seals unnecessarily. If you just have it set to firm to do a pass at the track, and leave it normal the rest of the time, it shouldn't do any harm.

I can't see the harm of raising line pressure just during shifts, but I haven't tried this on mine. I may try this with my next rebuild.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 08:35 AM

It over heats, will literally melt whatever it touches...I had it for about 6 months before I ditched it and did a REAL tranny mod...Like Bill_s said, if yer just doin' track runs, then it is ok, but leaving it on longer then say 10 mins at a time, it will burn sh*t...trust me, I have a nice burn in my pass. seat from it :-)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 10:45 PM

RUN!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 11:11 PM

i had one for a while it shifts much harder. the good thing is that you can turn it off. it gets very hot tho so be careful if you get it, ive heard of it starting a fire in someones car mounted in the dash somewhere. if you can get one very cheap and you wanna see the difference the j mod will do then do it i guess. the j mod will shift harder and it doesnt hurt the trans at the same time
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 08:38 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Audiobahnbird
Does it cool down when you switch it back to the stock seting or do you have to unplug it all together, b/c I was thinking about getting one to just have on for passes at the track and leave it switched to the stock setting for everyday driving, but if i cant drive for more than 10 mins on the stock seting without burining my car down then its not worth it.

Please enjoy my new and improved short signature- Russ
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 09:45 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to CobraRThunder
Look, it gets hot when you leave it in constant use. But otherwise, when left off its stays cool. I have one sitting here at my place. if you want it I will sell it for $25 shipped. with instructions. It works. Chis

4R70W From DirtyDog
VORTECH BLOWN w/3.12" Reichard ultra-grip pulley
TEA Stage2 PI Heads, 9.5:1 manley slugs/manley H-beams, cobra crank, VTStage3 blower cams, Trick Flow track heat intake, FMIC TR1245 intercooler, ART Dual 2.5" exhaust/Stainless/no cats, KOOKS coated headers, 4.10 w/ Auburn Pro, aluminum 8.8 housing, Dynotech driveshaft, Koni's, Eibach Springs, Baer 13" big brake kit. cobra rear brake/hub conversion, VMP Slot Blowthru setup, #60 Inj. 75mm TB,
615 rwhp/500 torque 15.5psi best of [email protected] still needs tuning.
CarDomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/426794
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 12:05 PM

Not to "sale block" here, but i've always heard bad things about it. If you're going to be doing a transmission mod, you might as well do it right with a shift kit/VB mod, You can do the J-mod for a bit more than 25$
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 12:07 PM

I have one that I put in my car before I found this website, didn't like it, made the solenoids in the tranny click, but it's still around here somewhere.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 02:09 PM
02 Explorer Pioneer

There was also someone on this site....I forgot who.....who one a judgement against them and they had to pay for a new trans because of the damage it caused. I agree adding line pressure just during the shift isn't an issue in fact SCT chips do just that

Birdless

There is no limit to what you can acheive if you don't care who gets the credit.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 11:51 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to BIG PERV
YES run far far away. My friend had one in his truck, and indeed it did catch fire while he was driving on the highway. luckily he was pretty quick off the road so the damage wasn't so bad, but it still sucks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in