aditional vibration supression found - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
On Probation

aditional vibration supression found

I think I found a reason why some cars nomater how many times you ballance the wheels you still have a problem. When the cars are new the Rotors and drums are ballanced. If you replaced them it is very rare for aftermarket ones to be ballanced. I think it is worth the money to spend a couple of bucks and have a diecent machine shop ballance the rotors. The ideal situation would be to have the rotors new or resurfaced to be resurfaced on the car and mark the positon of the rotor in relation to the hub and then have ballanced. the reason for this is all hubs have a little runout and the farther away from the center you get the worse it gets. If the rotors are turned on the car and marked to go on the same position along with ballancing the rotor it should snifigantly reduce vibration.

On a side note I found some play in my rear wheel bearings and I imagine that there is some problems with the front also. I am thinking that with some wear 110k miles the play becomes more noticeable. I am wondering if I could just retorque the nuts to factory spec. I know that the nuts should never be backed off but can they be retightened to factory spec to compensate for wear? If I do that I will put a white line throug the nut across the hub so that if it ever moves I will know it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Overkill Fetish Freak

I'd replace the rear bearings now before you have to replace the hubs as well. I have noticed they are a normal wear and tear item on the higher mile MN12's with a heavy footed throttle.

-Scott
post #3 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Yea, what he said and torque the hub nut to 188-254 ft. lbs.

J.Miller
East Coast Rolling Thunder!!!!
Official Eastern and Central PA chapter of the SCCoA!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in