brand new transmission only has 2 gears, P and 1 - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

brand new transmission only has 2 gears, P and 1

apparantly it wont shift out of first, i havent driven it, a friend finished off the install today and said it wont shift out of first whether its in 1-D or OD it just will not go to second, it also has no revearse.... we had a problem with the shifter linkage swap from the other trans and i know the linkage got bent up a bit and i think he bent it back into shape but it may not be installed correctly, could this cause this situation or am i in for a bigger problem? i guess im gonna have to drive it to a tranny shop to have them check it out..hopefully theres one thats close that wont cost an arm and a leg (i heard one place that is local wants $600 to install a trans)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 08:19 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

I would check to see that the linkage moves right in the transmission beofre going beyond that... I would also check the TV cable. Beyond that, something is wrong way inside there, IMO.

96 Mustang GT 5spd. w/ 248A Option (GTS). Stock for now until I get the Roush on.

97 Thunderbird 4.6L LX /w Sport Package
24k B&M Cooler, 1" lowered, Steeda UD Pulleys, Dynomax cat-back, J-mod, 3.73's, PI intake, PI cams, 03 GT MAF/Tube, SCT tuned - Gone but not forgotten.
MAMN12 Drag Racing Team [email protected] In need of updated times.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in