Got the Marauder TC in and I thought I found my 1-2 clunk - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Eleventeenth Gear Poster

Got the Marauder TC in and I thought I found my 1-2 clunk

I did the install by myself and it wasn’t to bad, I just had to get creative when it came to lowering and raising the trans since I didn’t have a trans jack However, once I got the pan off I found 2 disturbing things in the pic below....

That is exactly how things were when I got the pan off; you should notice a few things. One of course is the bolt (DOH!) I guess when I did the J-mod I forgot to torque one of the ~15 bolts. Second, the two thin slivers of metal on the magnet. Three, the trans filter was sitting in the pan and was not in its bore. The pan got separated from the orangeish rubber gasket that holds it in place; the gasket was still in the filters bore though. I thought this may be the reason I was getting a loud clunk on the 1-2 shift at 3/4 or full throttle (click here for a description of the problem) I took it for a spin and the first 3 or 4 solid 1-2 shifts there was no clunk and I was excited, but after a few more solid 1-2 shifts, I heard it again

Now I’m thinking the sound could be coming from within the tranny since the filter fell out of place and who knows how long it’s been like that? I just don’t see why it started right after I put my gears and DS in, I didn’t touch the pan. Any ideas about my clunk of what problems could have been caused because of what I found in my pan? Thanks guys.

Aaron

Sold = 96 Thunderbird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 05:43 AM

I think it's the pumpkin moving around on the shifts

New front differential mounts

New Rear Differential Mount

Or put a Bolt through it

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?threadid=26425

I bought new rubber fronts, and put the bolt in there. Got rid of my clunk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Eleventeenth Gear Poster

I put a bolt through the mount in two different places, vertically and horizontally.

I took it out a couple of time this evening and must have gotten 20 hard 1-2 shifts (I got on it every chance I got) and NO clunk on any of them! The next big test is gonna be at the track.

Thanks for the suggestion Green, you da man

Sold = 96 Thunderbird

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in