sound about right? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

sound about right?

well i have read through tons of threads and have picked up alot. i am plannng my build up, but i figure it will be best to set the drivetrain up for more power. this is the plan, please any advie is appreciated.

have a line on a pumpkin rear, needs 3.73 gears ( since i drive 100 miles a day )
j mod current trans/ maybe get one from greenleaf
t/c, PI stallion, marauder? which will be good for street driving/ occasional track time
where to get a driveshaft?
also while its all apart i plan to do the differential bushings and any other maintenance/upgrade

how does all this sound to yall? i will be going from 3.27 to 3.73, so no chip needed correct? i want to save for the superchip tuner. will my stock ecu be ok with a new t/c ? once the drivetrain is set i will do a PI swap, or depending on money may go to an 02' explorer motor. not sure yet. may push the stock block till it breaks. does it sound like i am on the right track? if i left anything out or you think of something to do better, let me know. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 01:06 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to MadRussian Send a message via MSN to MadRussian Send a message via Yahoo to MadRussian
Hi,

You dont need a chip for the gears if you do the j-mod. Without the j-mod you MAY be hitting the rev limiter on the shifts. My car does this once in every 5 shifts or so... Didnt do it with J-mod when I had my old transmission.

Poly differential bushings are a good idea, www.mn12performance.com is one source for em.

I dont know about TC, I have a mark 8 transmission, and the TC is loose enough for me.

-Andrey

96 LX 4.6L
13.215 @ 103.09
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

anyone else have input on torque converters etc. i am considering a turbo setup so what kind of gearing do you think i best?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in