been beating my head over the new track times - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Unhappy been beating my head over the new track times

i have been beating my head over the new track times, poor, only mustarded a 15.2 with all the new added stuff, where as i was at 15.4 with npi engine. I just thought of something stupid i did. I was changing the tail housing gasket and wanted to support the tranny... WELL i first put the jack on the pan, , it started to bend some to i found a new spot on the bell housing. Well i decided since i had the cats down and out of the way ... y not delete the 3rd cat. Well put it all back together and it just didnt feel right. I had totally forgotten aobut the pan/jack combo til a few mins ago. I was sure i hadnt gotten used to the new acceleration this quickly or that the deletion of the 3rd cat made a difference to the neg. I was thinking maybe this thing gonna crap out on me soon.

SOOOOO.... my question is ... with a restricted flow of fluid. What kind of damage can be done to my tranny ... I light accel it feels good ... anything over 50% feels like it bogging down ... so i guessing it can meet the flow requirements for at least light duty til i get all my research and parts for jmod. Im hoping that if my magnet is clean, i had did the torgue convertor upgrade and full fluid flush 3 weeks b4, i should be safe.?

"You Should See the Front!"

1995 Lazer Red Cougar
[email protected]
Custom Tru Duals, PI 4.6, JModded Tranny w/ TC.
Programmed by SCT Xcal2
Thanks to PalmGuy I have this beautiful masterpiece.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 02:53 PM
02 Explorer Pioneer

I don't see how a dent in the trans pan is going to restrict fluid movement

Birdless

There is no limit to what you can acheive if you don't care who gets the credit.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

not a small dent ... the whole pan is pushed in ... possibly enough to press against the filter pickup ... ill see when i bend it back out ... but thats not what im REALLY worried about ... what effects does lack of fluid flow have.

"You Should See the Front!"

1995 Lazer Red Cougar
[email protected]
Custom Tru Duals, PI 4.6, JModded Tranny w/ TC.
Programmed by SCT Xcal2
Thanks to PalmGuy I have this beautiful masterpiece.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Astrophysicist / PostWhore

Quote:
Originally posted by ITT-BIRD
not a small dent ... the whole pan is pushed in ... possibly enough to press against the filter pickup ... ill see when i bend it back out ... but thats not what im REALLY worried about ... what effects does lack of fluid flow have.
Lack of fluid is bad for an automatic transmisison. Ask the burned forward clutches on my old '96 transmission (tranny lines blew off while on the freeway).

Mike | RSW | THP | MF | SRTConnection |

1996 Ford Thunderbird LX V8 + 1992 Ford Mustang hatchback + 1989 Ford Mustang notchback = no where else to park at my house!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in