Finally got the B&M in... :D - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Finally got the B&M in... :D

Well, this weekend I finally sat down and got it in, once I had the car up, I bolted it underneath the powersteering cooler and ran the lines to the return line..

After we got everything hooked up, there was a small leak at the return line where I put the copper part supplied by B&M , but it was fixed aftersome tinkering..

I would have pics.. BUT, my grandmother stole the camera when she went to FL.... sorry.

Just wanted to say thank you again to all those who gave me advice, put up with my annoyances, etc. The cooler works I think, and I felt it after I got out of the car.. That thing was pretty warm / hot for a bit.. but the lines definitely felt cooled somewhat.

I'm thinking my next mod will be the wheels or exhaust (true duals - 1 cat, not this pansy H-pipe upgrade I got).. It depends on if my grandparents will let me set up a payment plan with the wheels.. Ideas on how I should set it up (down payment and all)?

Anyways, thanks again guys, and I will have pics when I get the camera back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 02:08 PM
MaleWhore

Send a message via AIM to smokymance
awsome man...so did i...all finished after a awfull sick week...

1997 MN12 Sport 4.6L Supercharged 5 Speed Sold
1998 Mark VIII LSC Teredor Red, Parts car, PM me
1998 Mark VIII LSC Pearl, Stock, Garage Queen
2000 Jeep XJ 4.0L Long Armed and Locked
2008 Yukon Denali 6.2L Supercharged
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by smokymance
awsome man...so did i...all finished after a awfull sick week...
Awesome indeed. I hear that about the sick week.. Finals are next week for me..

Did you "cheese out" when you put yours in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 02:19 PM
MaleWhore

Not really...the hardest part was to find the good location for the install and running one of the lines back up...other than that it was really easy...it took me a long time though cause i ran to the hardware store for some tubing, i got it, and i came back at the car and found out it was too small, so i went back and found out that they didnt have any bigger tubing so had to go to another harware store a lil farther away...but now im kinda happy its done and waiting to get enough courage to start the J-mod this summer...

here is a pic of the install

yea my finals are next week as well...but school is out after that so im happy...

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Finals suck, and they should be banned in every country!

I had to do a lot of running around myself, not to mention that it took me 3 hours because of me taking my sweet time and I kept double checking my measurements for the bolt on / drilling.

Going to do the J-Mod huh??? I'm not that gutsy yet.. I'll go with the '02 GT MAF and Apten chip first

Best of luck and let me know how it goes.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 04:18 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94t-birdlx Send a message via MSN to 94t-birdlx
Just did the J-mod and Tranny cooler in this weekend. Thats the good part..... The bad part is I was trying to do the TC and Driveshaft as well. I got everything except the TC. Exaust is still stock off the heaers and I couldn't break them free. Think I'll get some true duals and let the exaust shop break them off

The J-mod isn't to bad. the most difficult was the OD piston. Even if it takes a while to do you won't reget the time spent
Adam

"Technical skill is mastery of complexity while creativity is mastery of simplicity."
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 08:37 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ZackG Send a message via Yahoo to ZackG
thats almost where i put mine! looks good man

97 Tbird 4.6
VT built block, fox lake PI heads
Vortech at XY psi
4.10's, KB boost a spark.
Yummy.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2147246
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 08:53 PM
MaleWhore

for sure...im getting the j-mod or the PA valvebody cause my valve body is F***ed up...and getting the bigger MAF with a jerry tune soon too...just hope to get out of school with some good grades and then summer is gona be on the back yard or shops...good luck to everyone this summer on all their plans for their birdys...

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 12:04 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

MB03- Good to see that everything went well. Now you can be rest assured that you're tranny is getting the cooling it needs. Now just do the J-mod. I know that would work well w/ the chip and 02 stuff. Def. get some pics. The j-mod isn't as hard as you may think, just time comsuming the first time. I just did my second j-mod for a friend on his 96 3.8L cougar at the 300hp setting, and managed a time of 4 hours. Mine took me like 7 with a break here and there. You're trans. will thank you

These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by FordMan77
MB03- Good to see that everything went well. Now you can be rest assured that you're tranny is getting the cooling it needs. Now just do the J-mod. I know that would work well w/ the chip and 02 stuff. Def. get some pics. The j-mod isn't as hard as you may think, just time comsuming the first time. I just did my second j-mod for a friend on his 96 3.8L cougar at the 300hp setting, and managed a time of 4 hours. Mine took me like 7 with a break here and there. You're trans. will thank you
Well, right now I am focusing on new wheels, then probably true dual exhaust.. After all of that.. I MAY go for the J-Mod.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 10:42 AM

how much is that PI valvebody going for?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in