1992 sc stall speed? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

1992 sc stall speed?

So, what is the stall speed for a stock 1992 sc AOD torque converter? I might be putting one in another one of my cars and don't know if it is worth adding an aftermarket converter. I'm on a tight budget. The motor only puts out about 200 hp. At some point it would be behind a 350 hp motor and that would obviuosly(sp) demand an aftermarket converter.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

ttt nobody knows? if it is a reasonable stall speed i can use the stock one and save a few bucks.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 03:36 PM

Is this for your 1997? in that case it won't work since the 92 was an AOD transmission. If you're looking for a good stall for your 97, look into a 99 GT/Mark 8 Converter or a Mercury Marauder TC. The Marauder TC is the best value for the stall it provides. You'll also need a Mark 8 Flexplate too. You can get these parts from a junkyard or brand new from Dan Newman. He will provide competitive prices on the parts you need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

No, actually it's for my 66 mustang. I have the flex plate worked out already. The car has 3.89 rear gears, hence the need for overdrive! Any idea on the stall? I put the question up on the sccoa board also.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 11:48 PM

i know for the normal 3.8 94 up Transmission, the stall speed is like 1800. The SC might be somewhat similar.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in