trans problem - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

trans problem

my trans is making a strange whining noise, (im pretty sure its comin from the front of the transmission)
its very quiet and i only hear it at idle and only sometimes. but it is drivin me nuts.
i bought this trans from dennis a few months ago. it is the bulletproof 4r70w. i have yet to take it to the track or even drive it hard, but i drive it to work ( 2 mile round trip) daily and to school (40 mile round trip) twice a week and i drive it around town. i believe ive put 4000 miles on this tranny now.
it has a 3000 stall morris converter and the o/d light flashed a few times but now it wont do it anymore. the fluid does not look new. it loox a lil darker than it should be and smells a lil burnt

any opinions on what xactly the problem is? i may not have given yall enough information, i kno. but this is all i know. i wasnt able to find a code in it but the light did flash a few times
i was thinking that maybe the tc is acting up somehow and slowly burning up the tranny........ sound right? i dunno

im taking manual transmissions next quarter then automatics after that so maybe then ill be the one answering the questions, but for now i have to ask

oh yah i guess i should mention that it drives perfectly normal. it shifts hard and it drives the same as it did when that trans was swapped in there
thanx very much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Might be the pump whining, but its hard to tell from your description. If that light flashes again get it to an autozone and read the code. And if the fluids turning color i'd swap it.

96 Mustang GT 5spd. w/ 248A Option (GTS). Stock for now until I get the Roush on.

97 Thunderbird 4.6L LX /w Sport Package
24k B&M Cooler, 1" lowered, Steeda UD Pulleys, Dynomax cat-back, J-mod, 3.73's, PI intake, PI cams, 03 GT MAF/Tube, SCT tuned - Gone but not forgotten.
MAMN12 Drag Racing Team [email protected] In need of updated times.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 10:39 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
Seems to be some tranny problems going around...

Happy birthday!

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian MySpace CarDomain
Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in