Tranny Fluid Temp Sensor - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
MaleWhore

Send a message via AIM to smokymance
Tranny Fluid Temp Sensor

i know i should make this more clear...but i checked the codes after my O/D started flashing....i dont remember the code exactly but it said something about Tranny Fluid Temp Sensor High....anyone know the consequences....is this a problem that i should take care of ASAP?...what would the symptoms this causes?....my o/d light flashes once in a while...not all the time....i now its not good to leave problems behind but ill be busy for like the next one to two weeks so wondering if i should stop driving the car....thanks

LM

1997 MN12 Sport 4.6L Supercharged 5 Speed Sold
1998 Mark VIII LSC Teredor Red, Parts car, PM me
1998 Mark VIII LSC Pearl, Stock, Garage Queen
2000 Jeep XJ 4.0L Long Armed and Locked
2008 Yukon Denali 6.2L Supercharged
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Trumpeter Extraordinaire

I found this in the 1997 Service Manual. The TFT sensor connector is in the area near the Main Control Valve Body, and the TFT sensor is located on the transmission Main Control Valve Body.

Also, some info from the Service Manual:

Transmission Fluid Temperature (TFT) Sensor 7H141

The transmission fluid temperature (TFT) sensor is located on the transmission main control valve body. It is a temperature sensitive device called a thermistor. The resistance value of the TFT will vary with temperature change. The powertrain control module monitors the voltage across the TFT to determine the temperature of the transmission fluid. The powertrain control module uses this voltage signal to determine whether a cold start shift schedule is necessary. The shift schedule is compensated when the transmission fluid is cold. The powertrain control module also inhibits torque converter clutch operation at low transmission fluid temperatures and corrects EPC pressures for temperature.

Symptoms: Torque converter clutch (TCC) engagement and stabilized shift schedules happen too soon after a cold start.

DTCs: P0712, P0713, P1711, P1783, P1710

Last edited by IronChopz; 05-26-2004 at 11:34 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 08:55 PM
3rd Gear Chirper

Did you happen to over-rev the engine before you got that code? I got a flashing O/D light also, and when I pulled codes, there were 2, one for engine RPM limit reached and the other for trans temp sensor high input. I don't really think my trans was all that hot that night I over-revved on a manual 2-3 shift, but apparently the EEC saw otherwise. Whether it was true, and whether it's related to the over-rev condition I don't know. A good investment would be a trans temp gauge and aftermarket cooler if you don't already have them. At least get the cooler. I have the resistance/temperature chart for the TOT sensor if you want it...just PM me and I'll get it to you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in