valve body - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

valve body

hey everyone,

alright alright I know some of you are going to tell me to search, but I'd like to hear some input directly from those of you with this experience under your belts. I need to get a new valve body (see a few threads down, lol) and I've read about a couple different options. I've already drilled the holes to spec for the jmod and replaced the accumulator pistons and springs on the stock trans. Should I just order the stock valve body and put the already drilled seperator plate in, or should I go with the 99 manual valve body. I've heard that the manual valve body is alot better and no holes would need to be drilled, but I've already drilled the stock plate. Is it worth the money to get the manual v.b. or should I just stick with the j-modded stock? Thanks for any input.

-erik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 05:32 PM
3rd Gear Chirper

Why do ya need a new vb? Looking to upgrade...if so then get the 99 and drill out the separator plate too.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

i need to get a new valve body because while I was doing the jmod on mine I accidently bent the back-out pin (i think thats what its called) on mine. Because of this, my car would be forever stuck in park if I dint get a new one. so the question is should i just buy the stock valve body and put the jmodded seperator plate in, or is it that much of a difference to get the manual valve body?

-erik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 04:34 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

you could always go with the performance automatic valvbody, very firm shifts and manual. check it out at www.performanceautomatic.com

also check out this thread http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.p...threadid=25223
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

I ordered the 99 valve body earlier today from Dan Newman and I can't wait for it to get here. Can I switch the drilled out seperator plate from the stock valve body into it, or should I redrill the new seperator plate to the same specs. I would imagine that there is some difference in the seperator plate between the 99 valve body and the stock 96 one, but if they are the same I think I could just switch them. Any thoughts?...

-erik
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Sonnax makes a bunch of tranny replacement parts... I'd check to see if you could fix it before dumping big $ into it. If you get a new VB I'd recommend just drilling that plate as well. A 99+ Mustang Vb would do just fine if you do buy another. I personally see no need for a fully manual valve body on a 4R70W equipped car.

96 Mustang GT 5spd. w/ 248A Option (GTS). Stock for now until I get the Roush on.

97 Thunderbird 4.6L LX /w Sport Package
24k B&M Cooler, 1" lowered, Steeda UD Pulleys, Dynomax cat-back, J-mod, 3.73's, PI intake, PI cams, 03 GT MAF/Tube, SCT tuned - Gone but not forgotten.
MAMN12 Drag Racing Team [email protected] In need of updated times.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in