McLeod's universal bellhousing - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to MarksM
McLeod's universal bellhousing

Since this T56 swap has been put off this long, I decided to spring for the new McLeod universal bellhousing. This ***** is heavy but SFI rated. I'll put up with the new estimated curb weight of 4K as long as there's a better chance of containment if a clutch blows.

2007 Buell XB9S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 01:48 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 96bird
Sorry to bring up this old thread, but how wide/deep is that bellhousing? Is it around 5.1-5.5"? Thanks. Did you ever get it up and going?

Russell

JL's chassis braces, ST springs w/ 1 coil cut in rear (27.2" F 28" R), Airlift airbags (5 psi), Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes F & R, ROH RT 17x9s, 255/285s Khumo Ecsta MX tires, 2.5" dual exhaust w/borla mufflers, 1 3/8 f & r bars, remote filter,subframe buildup, Al differential bushings, J-modded '02 tranny, 9.5" DD stall, 30K Hayden cooler, PI intake, 02 GT MAF, XCal 2

Want to talk/hangout with MN12 owners from GA? Go here.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

With it's motor plate, it's exactly 5.5" from block side to trans mount side. Keep in mind this one is for the 5.0/3.8 setup and GM T56.

McLeod makes a quality part. I sent them an email and Red himself, the owner, replied and thanked me for my comments.

No, the SC has been parked for over a year. I will probably wait until I get into a house of my own with a garage before working on it more.

2007 Buell XB9S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 04:27 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 96bird
Quote:
Originally posted by MarksM
With it's motor plate, it's exactly 5.5" from block side to trans mount side. Keep in mind this one is for the 5.0/3.8 setup and GM T56.

McLeod makes a quality part. I sent them an email and Red himself, the owner, replied and thanked me for my comments.

No, the SC has been parked for over a year. I will probably wait until I get into a house of my own with a garage before working on it more.
I figured it would be around 5.5". It should be similiar for the 4.6 setup. I will call and talk to Red when I get a little bit more money to mess around with. I plan on doing this sometime this summer if funds permit. Thanks for the info.

R

JL's chassis braces, ST springs w/ 1 coil cut in rear (27.2" F 28" R), Airlift airbags (5 psi), Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes F & R, ROH RT 17x9s, 255/285s Khumo Ecsta MX tires, 2.5" dual exhaust w/borla mufflers, 1 3/8 f & r bars, remote filter,subframe buildup, Al differential bushings, J-modded '02 tranny, 9.5" DD stall, 30K Hayden cooler, PI intake, 02 GT MAF, XCal 2

Want to talk/hangout with MN12 owners from GA? Go here.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 06:19 PM

That looks like a really strong piece. Does universal mean you can use any tranny with it on a certain engine, or any engine with a certain tranny? Or both?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

It's universal in that the main bell can have the trans mount changed by McLeod on order to fit the trans you plan to use. You can see how the flange to fit the T56 is welded to the bell in pic 2. It comes complete with mounting hardware and even a proper hybrid Pilot bushing.

BTW, it was only 418.00.

2007 Buell XB9S

Last edited by MarksM; 10-24-2004 at 10:26 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 11:26 PM

Not bad. The price is right on too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in