And the verdict is GOOD..... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

And the verdict is GOOD.....

I would like to say thanks to silver95bird, and blackicelsc for there advice as to my no reverse situation in my 03 j-modded trans. you guys were right, and i won the big ole hee haw award.
After pulling the pan down, low and behold, i found my shift lever was NOT in the first detent. It was just like Blackicelsc's pic. Thanks again you guy's as i am very humbled by this experience.

Now on tho the great news. First off here's the spec's.

94 Bird with a 351C.
03 4R70W, Built and J-mod
TC from Alan the TC guru.
Baumann TCS
trans cooler from a superduty

All I have to say is
and

I still have some tuning to do with the TCS, but DAAAAAAAAMN!!

That thing has SACK! I'm barking in ALL gears. I want to give a HUGE thanks to Alan (dirtyd0gus) for his outstanding torque convertor. Dude you are the man!
I've only been playing with the trans and the TCS for 2 days now, but the shift into 2nd will knock your fillings out.
The shift into 3rd will put you into your seat, and fourth holds like a mother. Don't ask how fast i was going because there is no VSS signal for the speedo (the Baumann TCS uses the OSS and displays the MPH, but i wasn't going to look at the computer at that speed! ) The cool thing is that all the functions for the trans are all adjustable!

Again I want to say thanks to everyone who gave this trans rookie some insight. And to Alan fro that TC!!
If anyone should need a TC, it would be wise to PM him before you make a haste decision!!

As always......

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 12:22 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Glad you got it working - I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
It sounds like you are already

96 Mustang GT 5spd. w/ 248A Option (GTS). Stock for now until I get the Roush on.

97 Thunderbird 4.6L LX /w Sport Package
24k B&M Cooler, 1" lowered, Steeda UD Pulleys, Dynomax cat-back, J-mod, 3.73's, PI intake, PI cams, 03 GT MAF/Tube, SCT tuned - Gone but not forgotten.
MAMN12 Drag Racing Team [email protected] In need of updated times.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 12:26 AM
Converter Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyd0g

Your welcome, glad you got it all fixed
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com
Proud sponsor of the SC/XR7 Shootout and Joel Bender Memorial Nats

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 12:33 AM

I did same thing and had to take the damn thing apart again. but didnt get as far as putting pan on.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 08:55 AM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to Blackicelsc
Quote:
Originally posted by dirtyd0g

Your welcome, glad you got it all fixed
Alan

DITTO!
351...thats awesome!!! I was wondering whatever happened to the situation. I had a pretty good feeling you did exactly what I said...(its very easy to do).

I want to give Johnaec some credit...he is the first one that posted that issue as a possible cause....WTG John!

man, sounds like you got more than you expected. I love to read such hapiness!!!

Last edited by Blackicelsc; 12-04-2004 at 08:09 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

I've had to convert my tach to a v-8 to get an accurate reading on engine performance, which is surprisingly accurate. I had my Snap-on timing light hooked up and reading the RPM's against the gauge. was maybe 20 rpm off.

But anyhow, as i was playing with the calibration for the trans, i've noticed that at 5000 RPM going into 2nd, i reeeaaally need new tire's, cause that damn thing went sideways untill i let off! It was just like Emerill the chef...BAM! so cool!!!
Kudo's to all who gave advice, and to the man J himself. he knows his shizzle. To all those questioning the J-mod, just DO IT!! you wont be dissapointed!!

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 08:12 AM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to Blackicelsc
your words describe exactly how I was feeling when I unleashed my JMOD. Just cant image how happy it makes a guy driving a Luxury car, when he pulls htrottle next to a GT, or Ricer, and BARK the tires, kicking the rear out sideways...grinnin, and spinnin!

"Grinnin and spinnin"

nice new phrase!

Glad you got it where you want it.....enjoy the ride.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in