temporary shutter fix - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 04:29 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

temporary shutter fix

at my work there is this guy who has a transmission shop on the side and i was talking to him about my 95 and it's 97 trans with the shutter. he brought me a tube of stuff called SHUTTER FIXX it's in a red tube about 6 oz. put it in and drove my car............. NO shutter.what a great feeling. it says on the tube good for 50,000 mi. so this will get me to spring and warmer weather till i can put the mercon 5 in. but for guys or girls who want a cheap temporary fix , this is it i'll get the name of the company and post it. also it seems to get tighter each time i drive the car the trans doesn't try and search for the converter lock up it just does it. well just my 2cts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Rob
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Rob
I've seen that stuff. Its by Dr. Tranny or something like that. I always wondered about that product. I've also heard of someone using friction modifier to take care of shudder, but I dont know about all that.
-Rob

-Rob
RIP '94 Amber Fire Pearl Metallic Thunderbird on Bullitts [email protected]
96 Sport '02 Explorer PI with ported heads, 90MM LMAF, DirtyDog Marauder TC, Lasota tune, Jmod, Magnaflow mid-mount with X, no cats. Urethane drivers motor mount. HIDs!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

tell you what it works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

So you have a 95 that you put a 97 trans. in, and you didn't add the Mercon V then?? Hope it holds out until spring. Let us know if that stuff works, as I've had bad luck with similar "fixes" in the past. May be something worth it.

Jay

These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

i know it was a temporary laps. i saw the price and did not really look at the price since the difference was only like $.50 a quart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 09:44 AM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Question

that Shudder Fix thing is made by Lubeguard under Dr.Tranny name

Here it is:
http://www.lubegard.com/automotive/t...dder_fixx.html

How did he add it to the trnasmission? through the dipstick tube or what?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 09:36 PM

well, I ve been running a shot of ford posi friction modifier in my atf for years.. and its now got about 110,000 miles on it since we 'built' it. no probs yet and i am runnin some serious Tq since installing the 5.4 about 60,000... started useing Mercron v several years ago, and it seems to be a better fluid, but allways with the addative...i did fry a T/c a few months ago, but thats anudder storey
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 10:27 PM
Converter Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyd0g
Quote:
Originally posted by Leland Jacobson
well, I ve been running a shot of ford posi friction modifier in my atf for years.. and its now got about 110,000 miles on it since we 'built' it. no probs yet and i am runnin some serious Tq since installing the 5.4 about 60,000... started useing Mercron v several years ago, and it seems to be a better fluid, but allways with the addative...i did fry a T/c a few months ago, but thats anudder storey
Thats an easy story to tell.
Story

DirtyDog Performance.Com
Proud sponsor of the SC/XR7 Shootout and Joel Bender Memorial Nats

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Who is John Galt?

I've used that stuff before. My dad added it to my tranny and it smoothed it out for about 20000. The shudder came back, then i had it serviced.

"Won't work, can't be done"
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2004, 11:19 PM

Thumbs up Shutter Fixx

I also had this shutter between 40-45 MPH. Aside from thinking my tranny was going south, I figured I would give this a try. I must say for $5.99 it appears to have eliminated the shutter from my car.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in