problems problems - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

problems problems

just took off from house and got about 4 miles down road then od felt like the trans was low on fluid so I stopped sure enough it was a little low so I poured a little in and started to drive on but it still felt like it was slipping so I turned od off and 3rd was fine then it started slipping like it was low. still downshifts fine but its slipping on 3rd and od have i grenaded another one? 3rd one so far if so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

You got a chip to correct for that different tranny yet?

01 F150 5.4L 4x4 and a 98 Mustang GT vert sitting engineless and without transmission or converter

All my vehicles tuned by BC Automotive (me)

post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

funny was going to get it tuned this weekend and have chip programmed.
already bought my SCT module but havent had it programmed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Exactly what we said would happen is what happened.

01 F150 5.4L 4x4 and a 98 Mustang GT vert sitting engineless and without transmission or converter

post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

in a week? only put 85 miles on it. so probably clutches? think everything else is ok? So I can probably just change clutches and program it and it should be ok?
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Yeah, that should do it.

post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

clutch change should be easy shouldnt it just remove pump, diode, and the clutches are right there arent they?
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Well yeah, the intermediate clutches are right there. There are a few more that are deeper and you will need some special tools.

post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 08:11 PM

Betcha you could have saved a lotta grief by haveing lonnie do some programming for you... these crossbreeds just need a lotta stroking to get to work right, and not all that is in any basic 'cookie cutter' file either... ya gotta know what youre doing, or lotsa work and money are gone
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

was going to have to replace the clutches anyways (using a V-6 trans thats short 1.)so I'm not stressed too much -just wanted it to last a little longer than a week of driving. but oh well-the B**ch of is I have an Art carr Regular AOD sitting on floor next to new engine,New exhaust, intake,MAF meter and Nitrous kit. and I cant even use the damn thing.on last trans took old AODE front pump cover off and Roller diode parts fell out-looked at pump and pump bolt heads are sheared off at washer.but found out that many parts were updated when it was rebuilt 30,000 miles ago but the bonehead didnt replace roller diode with Mechanical. doh could have been prevented all along, BTW what tools do I need to replace the other clutches and who has best prices on raybestos clutches(think I shouldnt use ALTO's from what I'm told)

Last edited by FREAKYFAST; 01-07-2005 at 07:51 AM.
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

also how you like the powerdyne?
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 09:01 PM

Well, you only need one program to make it work, trick is to get the program right in the first place.... I certainly wish you luck tho......
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 09:05 PM

best part of the powerdyne was the price... no cooler limits me somewhat
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 10:41 PM

Quote:
he wanted twice the price of a 4 program module to make 1 program so I took a chance--still cheaper after I buy clutches and gaskets. he wanted 599 + tax for a single program
I don't recall all our exact conversations but I do know for a fact that I never quoted 599 for a single program chip. As you recall I even linked you several times to my site and chip page with the prices on the pages. I also sent you other links but you wanted it all spoon fed to you and would just ask the same questions over and over when all you had to do was read the links I provided. I have never sold a single program chip for 599, that is just insane. I do remember you asking for multiple programs and that may have been the price of having 4 programs. I had saved the PMs but since the site has gone to this new setup my box was filling up every day with the reduced space we have so I had to delete some. I deleted yours because just as I suspected you pumped me for as much information you could on the false pretence that you were buying a chip from me so I would of course help you out. Then you told me you would call me back to order the chip when straightened out your funds. Well it looks like I will have to start saving all my PMs if I'm going to be accused of price gouging. And in the end you still didn't listen to my advice. You went to 2 or more other people that told you to listen to my advice. I got it straight from the guy that designed the trans and software. But I guess you figured you knew better than all of us and took the cheapest way out. And now look where you are.
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 11:38 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to Blackicelsc
That link to your Blue Oval Chips-site is very nice. I spent 30 seconds there, and learned all about your chips, FWIW.
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 12:10 AM

Thanks, it's pretty much in plain English too. My webmaster said to tell you thanks too.

Last edited by Lonnie; 01-07-2005 at 12:20 AM.
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 02:14 AM

Dan, I just spent that last few hours going through all my emails at my website since if you recall you also had me invest about 3 hour of my time coming up with pin-outs, drawings and pics of the different components in your trans and what the differences were. I also found this...

Sent: Wed 12/22/2004 9:18 PM
To: Dan [mailto:[email protected]]
Subject: Re: pin outs

The single program chip is 325 plus shipping. If you are in FL you also will be charged sales tax. I didn’t realize you had it in the car already.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 2:40 AM
To: Blue Oval Chips Inc
Subject: Re: pin outs

how much for a chip? yes it does slip 1-2 is slugish and 3-4 is not even noticable(that it shifted)

If anyone wants a copy of this email to prove my case I will gladly email it to them.

Also folks this is the second incident like this in 2 weeks, not both from here though. From now on I will no longer be conducting any business on this site with PMs. You will have to contact me through my business email so that I can archive all communications so that I don't have people trying to slander and ruin my reputation. Sorry it had to come to this but I can't keep a business going if I can't cover my own A$$

[email protected]
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 03:35 AM Thread Starter

I stand corrected-sorry didnt save your pm's either and lost me emails but had chip prices written down and had blue oval at 599(must have been a different blue oval) do you agree that 275 for a dyno ran program is a good deal though? can we agree on that at least. anyone who knows me would agree that I do not intentionally make anyone mad its not in my nature. I have written in the past how much of a help you have been and thanked you on many occasions for your help. I would go to you in a heartbeat even at 599 if I hadnt gotten such a great deal on the programming I am now getting. I check prices and yours was not way out there by any means actually it was quite reasonable, I have prices written down of 599,549,500,379, 354even one for 600 so your not overpriced at all but I recently got WD pricing from a manufacturer and found someone who would create a base program and then run me on the dyno for tuning. So I print this as a retraction to my above post and thank you one more time for the help you have given me in the past. I am sorry for any hardship I may have caused to lonnie or Blue Oval chips.
-Dan

Last edited by FREAKYFAST; 01-07-2005 at 07:52 AM.
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 05:36 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Lonnie, I talked to you somewhere around 7 last night and then you posted at 11p and then 1a and 3a. Dude, do you ever sleep?

post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

now thats that back to questions:
Do I need to change the steels sice all I did is hurt the friction side or can I just clean them up and reuse them.what special tools will I need to replace friction plates I know intermediates dont require anything. should I replace anything else while I'm in there like stub shaft(I think I already have the better one though(98) what about the intermedate pressure plate do I need to change it while I'm in there or do you think I hve the better one already.
thnx in advance for any help you can provide.
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 06:17 AM
Converter Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyd0g
That won't ba able to be answered until you get into the transmission. Personally I don't like to reuse blued steels,but hey it is cheaper so you may want to.

DirtyDog Performance.Com
Proud sponsor of the SC/XR7 Shootout and Joel Bender Memorial Nats

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

was that a stab at me because of above posts or real advice? if its a stab at me
man you guys dont realize that I am sorry for it if not disregard this.and thank you for help.its alot cheaper if it wasnt I wouldnt even think of it. what about intermediate pressure plate?its like $60 for steels and intermediate pressure plate is like $10 so $70 savings if I can reuse steels is there a spec on thickness I need to follow?has anyone bought from Makco? are they fast? do they burn you on shipping? how is their customer service? is their spiral ring kit worth it? are their manuals for aode any good or should I buy one from somewhere else? they seem alot cheaper than ford parts so it worries me about quality.
thnx in advance for any help you can provide.
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 09:54 AM

Gees! after taking your best shot at lonnie, I guess that other guy with a dyno and the great price , better be able to cure your problems , as i suspect the "price driven issue' will come up time and again , and you may find it a bit difficult to get answers around here from some of us... unlike other sites, you can get away with potshots at people here, and not be banished, and some vendors have actually been banned(well at least one for sure), so its a kinda mature and open place, but some of the members allready have your number, bub you only get what you pay for, and theres no free lunch..............
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Converter Guy

Freaky it wasn't a stab at you by any means, it was the truth. Several people have given you good advice and you did not follow it. Now your trans is broke again, why should we give you anymore advice you're going to have an expert down the road who knows more about it than anyone and can do it for half the price.

DirtyDog Performance.Com

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 12:00 PM

Darrin,

I sleep when I can, I stay pretty busy.
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Well, busy is always good. I would prefer to be too busy than not busy enough anyday.
Kudos to you on your customer support and I really appreciate you taking time to talk to me when I am not spending anything with you.
Says much about you.
Pay attention people, here is the real deal.

post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

So great I misquote 1 price now I'm genghis kahn and nobody wants to help me any more, Man I just thought it would be better to use a dyno to tune the chip the price wasnt really that much of an issue. If it means that I will never get help here again I'll buy another module and throw the other one in the trash or tell the shop I was going to get it from that I dont want it. man you guys are touchy I expected to have to replace the clutches in the trans anyways and figured that I would take a chance on trying to get a week out of it before I had to tear it down and replace clutches and buy the module, not all of us can throw money at problems I was already into the old trans for quite a bit and then had to buy new one and even the fluid is expensive(I just got married the week before my first tranny went out so I didnt have alot of cash)I understood the advice and accepted it but didnt have the means to use the advice.I used to have another car to drive if this one broke but I donated it to a needy family at the church and dont have the luxury of driving other car while this one is down so I did what I had to do with what I had. I never meant to flame anyone I even edited the post and even went to the extreme of adding a link to lonnies shop in my signature,I have said I'm sorry to him in a pm and in public above SO HOW MANY WAYS MUST I SAY IT SORRY! I AM NOT GOOD AT REMEMBERING EXACT PRICES FROM EXACT VENDORS! SORRY I always try to do the right thing in life but nobody is perfect. I have never written one piece of Flame in my life I did not intend to start with this thread. Dont you guys think your being a little harsh just for that oversight? If I must write everyone who views this a personalized apology then I will but I did not intend to flame anyone.If this seems like a rant its because I'm frustrated with this whole situation.
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Converter Guy

Look on the bright side at least you are learning from this. This didn't start with this thread,but we all knew this thread was coming weeks ago. Right on time I might add. We have all tried to help you. With me it started when you started asking questions about the converter and whether you should flush it out with brake cleaner. You were advised that flushing lockup converters are worthless and brake cleaner is not something you want to mix with transmission fluid. You then suddenly had a converter expert that you have been dealing with for years. Well thats all good and well ,but why ask questions when you are going to go to him about it anyway. You then used brake cleaner to flush your radiator against our advice and I wouldn't be surprised if that aided in the failure of your transmission. We don't expect you to have money to throw at the problem. Thats why it would have been cheaper to do it right the first time. It costs more to [email protected] a transmission twice than it does to do it right once. It would have saved you money to follow our advice because now you have to rebuild the transmission and fix the pcm just like you were told in the first place. Don't take it so hard ,but you have to consider that some of the people you are asking questions are business men and rely on business to support themselves. Spending hours with someone who is just going to go to someone else is a waste of time and would be better spent on real customers instead of people who are just shopping price. It doesn't affect me I never tried to sell you a converter, but it does affect others who have spent hours helping you. I truely hope you get your car all worked out and have learned something from all of this. In the future you need to be more considerate of the people your are asking for hours of their time in exchange for nothing.
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com

post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

I just talked to Lonnie and offered to buy a chip from him and use it in place of the other one. I think I should not post on this forum again so that I do not clog up the path of information for others-I did take your advice and bought a new radiator and converter,The owner of the converter shop I deal with is a close friend for years and was out of town the week I asked you guys about that stuff and I didnt mean I was wanting to use brake cleaner in the radiator or converter just the lines.I used the brake cleaner in the lines and it was ok- dont think brake cleaner is bad for the steel lines.I knew what had to be done but couldnt do it then-my converter shop friend let me take my converter without paying for it and said I could pay him later when I could afford it, when I went to pay him yesterday he said merry christmas it was your gift. dont think enough people in this world are nice to each other. I appreciate all the help everyone has given me in the past, and I pass that help onto others it may not be the same information but it is something that can help nonetheless. I started writing here because I was encouraged to-someone wrote it doesnt matter what kind of car you have(mustang) we're all a bunch car nuts who are like a big family. This encouraged me to ask questions and even help others when it came down to it. I hope that everyone can take a little time out of their day to do a good thing for someone even though it doesnt turn a profit or make them rich or even able to say I told you so.. sometimes people need to do something just to make them feel good about themselves and their place in humanity. When I joined the US Army in 1990 I didnt do it to fight a war I did it to help people in need and to liberate a country(kuwait) I never fired a shot in personal anger or for selfish reasons, I was hoping I could make something right in the world.
God bless and Good bye
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

moderator please close this thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in