I got a trac-loc carrier today! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Talking I got a trac-loc carrier today!

Man oh man! I am looking at this thing and I have no clue of what to do with it. My first thought was, "SHOULDN'T THIS HAVE MORE PARTS"? My neighbor pointed out that there wasn't a pinion or the other thing! So now I have to figure out what to do with it. Anybody in the san diego area know how to swap carriers and instal 3.55 gears? I am going to call a place lonnie hooked me up with! Eric

2011 Kia Sorrento
1996 T-bird
*SOLD* 2007 Suzuki M50

Looking for a new ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 08:52 PM

Just a little flashback here...I bought a complete 3.08 posi carrier from a 92 from a local salvage for $75.00. That was a few years ago to fix a whining sound. The car I put it in had the abs operated traction control so it was a real waste. I'm now wondering what the lowest gears were for a tbird? They said they had alot of em and never sold one so I got it real cheap. When something is in inventory too long they actually either junk it as a core or drop the price extra low. I wish I hadn't opened my mouth to a local trans parts house as they bought up all the $75 dollar 4l60e's and $125.00 4t60e's with 10k miles on em . I sure woulda saved a bunch on parts with those cores handy. Funny thing was those transmissions didn't really start going sour till a year after they got rid of em, then the price went up to $800.00. Hopefully they still have some carriers and if so a 3.55 posi would be nice.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantdrive55
I'm now wondering what the lowest gears were for a tbird?
3.27's were the lowest common trak-lok rear in MN12s. I do know of a few oddball MN12s that had 3.31's, but IIRC they were all SC's and still rather rare.

96 Mustang GT 5spd. w/ 248A Option (GTS). Stock for now until I get the Roush on.

97 Thunderbird 4.6L LX /w Sport Package
24k B&M Cooler, 1" lowered, Steeda UD Pulleys, Dynomax cat-back, J-mod, 3.73's, PI intake, PI cams, 03 GT MAF/Tube, SCT tuned - Gone but not forgotten.
MAMN12 Drag Racing Team [email protected] In need of updated times.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in