?s about pumpkin swap. Help please.
YES, I searched, thus my confusion lol.
I've got a 95 Cougar with the stock 3.08 open rear-end and a re-built 96 crate trans from ford (previous owner had it swapped and me and Dan found 96 marking on it. It was also changed in 2000) and should be 7-tooth ouput shaft, Stock 215/70/15 tires also. Just got a low mileage 3.27 t-loc Pumpkin. Need to get everything ordered.
1. Is my assumption of the 7-tooth output shaft correct for a 96 tranny?
2. What speedo gear do I need to change to? I found posts that said the stock one for a 96 t-bird with 3.27s was 18-tooth, brown, or grey. Which is correct?
3. What wieght gear oil and brand do you guys recommend?
4. What brand friction modifier?
5. Any tips or tricks to save time/labor on swapping it out? I found several different post plus the tech article, but it seems alot of people prefer diff tricks. What's the latest and greatest way to do it?
6. New circlips and seals are a must, correct?
This will be done in the drive-way.
Thanks folks, I've been in meetings all week and haven't had a heck of a lot of free time.
02 AL PI 4.6L, 02 GT MAF and air box, SCT tune by lonnie.
2.25" true duals, no cats, Borla XS mufflers.
96 trans with 300HP + gear change J-mod, Mark VIII TC, & Hayden 30K GVW cooler.
Solid Rubber engine and tranny mounts. Polly front-end, tranny crossmember, and IRS bushings.
3.73 TL, 93 Mark VIII DS. Tokico Blues all around.
PBR dual piston calipers in front, Rear Disc Brake Swap.
97 console. Cooper 225/60/16s.
14.874 @ 93.56
with 3.27 before 3.73 upgrade
Last edited by girdnerg; 02-25-2005 at 02:49 PM.