TCCoA Forums banner

Tranny isn't what you thought? My rant!

881 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  94 Daily Driven 4.6L 
#1 ·
:confused: It has been brought to my attention that the transmission I purchased in late 2003 from a guy in Texas, through a guy in Florida, is not all that I had hoped for. I have been told about a guy that knows a guy that burned his up in 3000 miles. Another that had 6months on his. I just want to know a couple of things, what were these guys doing to there trannys. I have been told that heat kills trannys, I got the tranny three years 30,000 miles ago and have put it through some serious loads. Grapevine in california, fully loaded trunk, 5 adults 200-275LBS, 80-85 MPH, 115 degrees out side with no trans cooler. Got to Magic mountain (top of the grape vine) tranny fluid was not as hot as the motor and the fuild was the color as the day I put it in. I am not trying to start a opinion war, just what is it to be "HARD" on a tranny? If I have a POS tranny I wanna know what are the signs of a going bad tranny? I thought it was burnt fluid and slippage...Am I misinformed? Also, if I got the the royal shaft, what can I do?

Thanks

Eric

#2 ·
Thank you Darrin for your explanation in a differant thread. I am just pissed, I called the day I ordered the tranny and told them all the things I wanted, well according to an artical I found on this site. He told me, "Its built to the specs in the artical, including the J_mod" Turd!

#3 ·
Yeah, and I can hook you up with a guy in Jupiter Florida that has had 3 of those transmissions in his car trying to get one that works. I finally just gave the poor guy a properly modded valve body and a tune because I felt so sorry for him.
Amazingly, after the valve body, the transmission started working something closer to normal.
Those assclowns can't build a transmission to save their lives. As I posted in chat, I feel very, very sorry for you and all of the others who have been taken by these crooks. Its shameful.
But, as I said, if you don't do any performance mods to the car and have a good transmission cooler then you might be alright for a while.
Just for sh!ts and giggles, go look at the number on the drivers side of the transmission just above and behind the shift lever and tell me what you find.
Darrin

#4 ·
I am stuck out on an Island 70 miles off the coast of california right now, for that reason I am venting my frustration on this site. Thanks for listening! I am going to look thursday night when I fly back to inland San Diego.

How much is a good price for a "BULLET PROOF" Tranny!

#10 ·
Silenced said:
Thats sweet! I wish I worked on an Island.
You would change your tune once you needed something and it's not on the island!! :thumbsup:

However, the island I was stationed on (Yap) was a little more "remote"..... :leftright

I played many "games" around San Clemente Island.... Died often!!! :bawling: :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.