95 Bird, no reverse or neutral - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

95 Bird, no reverse or neutral

Hello,

I'm newly registered but have lurked for a bit - I love the articles and your search function works well! Kudos.

My Sis's B/F has a '95 T-bird - looks like a mod motor with an electronically actuated trans (with a 4R trans, I think. The car is stock).

I'll provide what I know and try to acquire answers to questions you have.

The car today (out of the blue) lost reverse and neutral. That is, both of those gears now are forward gears, acting as if in drive (the car started rolling forward uphill).
He says Drive seems to work but I don't know if he has all speeds, and if 2 and 1 positions work.
He said the fluid level is ok, but I'll double check that.

I had him try to start it in Reverse and Drive and it wont (I was thinking this might provide a clue about the MLPS). Back-up lights work in Reverse (and only reverse).

I'll post more info as I can get it, but I was hoping all of you wise folks might have some suggestions, pointed questions that I can ask, and diagnostics for me to do.

I admit to not knowing much about his car (I have a '94 Mustang GT and an 88 GT vert, etc) so feel free to treat me like the idiot that I am.

Thank you for any suggestions you might have (I searched based on the symptoms as best I could, but most folks with a similar issue had done a valvebody modification incorrectly, it seemed).

Take care!

Last edited by HISSIN50; 07-26-2006 at 12:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 05:03 PM
6th Gear Poster

check the shift linkage at the tranny while he runs it through gears, with the brakes ON, even car off and make sure it clicks throught the gears smooth, if not adjust it in neutral. It might have slacked up

All Glory to God!

RIP JOHNNY LANGTON

96 LX PI/Jspec Pearl White. She enjoys eating ricers for breakfast
-MODS-
2002 PI 4.6L - Jspec Trans built by Darrin - 04 Marauder converter - Hayden 679 Trans cooler - Engine cooling modification - SCT Xcal2, tuned by Lonnie - 02 GT MAF and 99 GT Intake tube - removed silencer - 255 lph HP fuel pump - Aluminum Driveshaft - 3.73 TL - 245/60/15 BFGoodrich Radial T/A's - PBR front brakes - SCP Rear torsional load brace - SCP Solid rubber motor, transmission mounts - Rear Strut Tower brace and Diff cover brace by Rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in