Serviced and flushed + cooler install - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Cool Serviced and flushed + cooler install

Since I was unable to do it (because of my back injury), I took my T'bird to a friends Transmission shop to have it serviced, flushed and have him install an aux. cooler for me. He's not a close friend, his Dad and my Dad were friends for years, and it's his family busuness. Three years ago, He just did a plain service and installed the updated range senser on it and did a decent job so I took it back to him. This time He did the usuall service on it, plus used some type of machine/pump to flush the trans. and converter. Then installed the aux. cooler and put some type of additive in the fluid that is suppose to help with the shudder. It now shifts really smooth and solid (I have a B+M shift plus if I want to use it), the shudder is gone (although it wasn't severe to begin with), and it seems to be picking up speed alot better. I imagine I should do better on gas too. I have a couple of questions though. Assuming the "IN" line goes into the bottom of the radiater, He installed the cooler after the fluid leaves the radiater from the top, then back to the trans.. From what I've read here on the forum, isn't it better to plumb it before the radiater, then to the radiater, then out to the trans.? From reading the invoice, the cooler looks like it's only rated at 12,000 G. Is that big enough? It is the stacked plate type and looks to be about 6" x 11" or so. The cost of the job (service, flush, aux. cooler, additive) was approx. $350.00 Bucks. Does that sound like a fair price? I am happy with the work so far and I hope it will last me a while. So, what do the Gurus think? Thanks!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 09:07 AM
Awaiting E-Mail Confirmation

If you have the cooler before the radiator the fluid will be cooled before it gets to the radiator. Then it goes through the radiator (heat exchanger) and gets heated up. That's why it should be after the radiator.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in