LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Interesting read on trans temp sender locations

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...ny-temp-gauge/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 09:43 PM
3rd Gear Chirper

Nice comparison on thise two locations. I'd rather just have both readings available at once, like on a digital readout.

I have my gauge sensor at the cooler inlet. I've also taken my Xcal II with me on hot days and observed the temp gauge reading less than what the PCM was indicating the oil temp in the pan was. I thought I had a bad ground at the gauge sender at that point but all appears well so one of those sensors is a bit off.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Converter Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyd0g
Ya know for space and functionality it would be nice to put sensors in both lines and run them with a switch to a single gauge where you could switch it to read inlet/outlet. would make plumbing the lines easy too. Just a thought Jeff...Can you come up with a second sending unit and a switch?
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com
Proud sponsor of the SC/XR7 Shootout and Joel Bender Memorial Nats

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 11:22 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to driller
My thinking was I wanted to see the coolest temps, so my sending unit is on the return line from the cooler to the tranny.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to FunktasticLucky
I'm sure you would wanna see the coolest temps but the most important would be the one coming out of the trans so you get a close enough reading on what temperature the tranny is.

2018 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 3.0T AWD
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 11:37 AM
3rd Gear Chirper

driller, what are you working on in that pic?

Oh and I meant the second reading would be in the pan, not the cooler outlet. I wish the Scangauge could read the trans oil temp from the EEC, then the pan temp would be available as well as my cooler inlet temps on the analog gauge.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 12:22 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to driller
In reality, regardless where the tranny temp comes from or what the actual temp reading is, it is irrelevant. What you should really be watching is any distinct change from normal. Mine indicates approximately 150* cruising the highway. If one day I notice it higher, it will gain my attention.

BTW, I believe that pic was during the install of the front braces.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyd0g
Ya know for space and functionality it would be nice to put sensors in both lines and run them with a switch to a single gauge where you could switch it to read inlet/outlet. would make plumbing the lines easy too. Just a thought Jeff...Can you come up with a second sending unit and a switch?
Alan
Not a bad idea! For now, I think I'll just stay with a single sensor though. Since mine has been installed on the return line, I already know what it is running for that. It will be interesting to see what the temp is before my 40K cooler though. My return line (after the cooler) is running about 125-135* with temps in the low 90's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in