anyone made any progress on a 6 speed swap? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

anyone made any progress on a 6 speed swap?

i was just curious as to wether or not anyone has made any progress or completed a t-56 swap or not? any pics or any info would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 01:26 PM

I finally got my T-56 in my 93 5.0 TBird. It was finally complete after putting the car in the shop back in May. To make a long story short, it looks and works great, was more expensive then I thought(had to replace the eng as well) and was a lot of work(I did all the interior work and the shop did the tranny swap itself. Gained 50-60 hp from the auto and torque stayed relatively the same (It dynoed at 377hp and 370ft/lbs). When I have a chance I will post some pics and the entire parts inventory that I had to buy to get it running. The sad thing is I am thinking about selling it now.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 06:06 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to CobraRThunder
So you have any pics of this creature.....

4R70W From DirtyDog
VORTECH BLOWN w/3.12" Reichard ultra-grip pulley
TEA Stage2 PI Heads, 9.5:1 manley slugs/manley H-beams, cobra crank, VTStage3 blower cams, Trick Flow track heat intake, FMIC TR1245 intercooler, ART Dual 2.5" exhaust/Stainless/no cats, KOOKS coated headers, 4.10 w/ Auburn Pro, aluminum 8.8 housing, Dynotech driveshaft, Koni's, Eibach Springs, Baer 13" big brake kit. cobra rear brake/hub conversion, VMP Slot Blowthru setup, #60 Inj. 75mm TB,
615 rwhp/500 torque 15.5psi best of [email protected] still needs tuning.
CarDomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/426794
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 08:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John
I finally got my T-56 in my 93 5.0 TBird. It was finally complete after putting the car in the shop back in May. To make a long story short, it looks and works great, was more expensive then I thought(had to replace the eng as well) and was a lot of work(I did all the interior work and the shop did the tranny swap itself. Gained 50-60 hp from the auto and torque stayed relatively the same (It dynoed at 377hp and 370ft/lbs). When I have a chance I will post some pics and the entire parts inventory that I had to buy to get it running. The sad thing is I am thinking about selling it now.
That's awesome. More details on the fitment of this setup would be great. I'm considering doing this down the road and any specifics you can provide would be great.

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, suddenly everything looks like a nail."
"Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Coast High Peformance 347 Stroker
-Low Tension Oil Rings, Zero Gap Seconds
-10.5:1 Compression Ratio
Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads
Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
Trick Flow Street Heat Intake
Mac 1 5/8 long tube headers
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
Custom aluminum driveshaft
M5R2
Burned Chip for SN95 T4M0 ECM
OMGHI2U

post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 09:51 PM
2nd Gear Poster

hey john mind telling us (at least a ball park) of how much it cost? Im wanting to do a auto to stick swap on my '94 cat (project goal is to turn it into a M series killer) and im probably going to let a shop do the actual swap and fabbing needed.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 11:12 AM

Tonight I will try to do a break down of the price. I only have a couple of pictures of just the shifter area. The shop that did the tranny swap had it for so long that when they finished it I really didn't have a chance to take pictures of the underside. I can tell you right now that I did use almost all McLeod tranny parts which are a little more expensive but all mated to each other perfectly. An example was that I tried to use a cheaper flywheel but the Mcleod clutch would not mate to it right so we just went with all McLeod parts to make sure we wouldn't be wasting more time. Off the top of my head the tranny cost $1000 dollars plus about $900 for upgrades to it and inspecting it(pretty much it is stronger and close to new as possible). All the McLeod parts were probably $1000 but I can get a better figure tonight. All the used parts prices can be had for anything that you can negotiate to. Got everything off this site, the SCCOA site or that site that sell used parts from junk yards around the country(forgot the site name). Then there were the odds and ends like the SpeedCal, shifter arm, shifter ball, clutch master cylinder, lines etc. So parts alone including tranny is probably atleast $3500 with labor another story! The most surprising part of the swap was there were only two thing that had to be fabricated. The tranny mount and the shifter tunnel. Both ended up to be pretty easy solutions. The shop just cut and welded on an older style pontiac tranny mount to the TBird crossmember. Looked and fit great. For the tunnel the guy had to cut about an inch or two forward on the tunnel for the shifter to come up and then made the SC tunnel cover fit perfectly over it. I had to trim the plastic console about and inch to make sure the shifter didn't hit the plastic. I think you can get buy without doing any of the tunnel/plastic cutting if you go with the GTO shifter assembly on the T-56 but I don't know how much that will set you back. I also got a used MarkVIII one piece shaft that the shop shortened and fit perfectly. Will try to get some part numbers and prices and pictures tonight. I don't have the site permission to put pictures up so someone might have to host it.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 11:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Tonight I will try to do a break down of the price. I only have a couple of pictures of just the shifter area. The shop that did the tranny swap had it for so long that when they finished it I really didn't have a chance to take pictures of the underside. I can tell you right now that I did use almost all McLeod tranny parts which are a little more expensive but all mated to each other perfectly. An example was that I tried to use a cheaper flywheel but the Mcleod clutch would not mate to it right so we just went with all McLeod parts to make sure we wouldn't be wasting more time. Off the top of my head the tranny cost $1000 dollars plus about $900 for upgrades to it and inspecting it(pretty much it is stronger and close to new as possible). All the McLeod parts were probably $1000 but I can get a better figure tonight. All the used parts prices can be had for anything that you can negotiate to. Got everything off this site, the SCCOA site or that site that sell used parts from junk yards around the country(forgot the site name). Then there were the odds and ends like the SpeedCal, shifter arm, shifter ball, clutch master cylinder, lines etc. So parts alone including tranny is probably atleast $3500 with labor another story! The most surprising part of the swap was there were only two thing that had to be fabricated. The tranny mount and the shifter tunnel. Both ended up to be pretty easy solutions. The shop just cut and welded on an older style pontiac tranny mount to the TBird crossmember. Looked and fit great. For the tunnel the guy had to cut about an inch or two forward on the tunnel for the shifter to come up and then made the SC tunnel cover fit perfectly over it. I had to trim the plastic console about and inch to make sure the shifter didn't hit the plastic. I think you can get buy without doing any of the tunnel/plastic cutting if you go with the GTO shifter assembly on the T-56 but I don't know how much that will set you back. I also got a used MarkVIII one piece shaft that the shop shortened and fit perfectly. Will try to get some part numbers and prices and pictures tonight. I don't have the site permission to put pictures up so someone might have to host it.
Send them to me in e-mail (drop me a PM to get it) and I'll host them for you.

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, suddenly everything looks like a nail."
1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 02:52 PM
PostWhore

still waiting for the pictures....

4R70W From DirtyDog
TEA Stage2 PI Heads, 9.5:1 manley slugs/manley H-beams, cobra crank, VTStage3 blower cams, Trick Flow track heat intake, FMIC TR1245 intercooler, ART Dual 2.5" exhaust/Stainless/no cats, KOOKS coated headers, 4.10 w/ Auburn Pro, aluminum 8.8 housing, Dynotech driveshaft, Koni's, Eibach Springs, Baer 13" big brake kit. cobra rear brake/hub conversion, VMP Slot Blowthru setup, #60 Inj. 75mm TB,
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 09:17 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddMartigan
That's awesome. More details on the fitment of this setup would be great. I'm considering doing this down the road and any specifics you can provide would be great.
Is it dibs yet on your dirtyd0g tranny yet?

My tranny's holding out for now (barely), and this 6 speed swap is getting very interesting. A Viper gear set 6 speed sounds a lot better than a Mazda P.U. gear set 5 speed with that kizillion to 1st gear ratio. This might be actually be worth pulling the dash for!

I'm just waiting for the [email protected] (pics).

That is all...

Experience is simply knowing what not to do... and knowing what won't work.
The Car... 324,201 and still goin' strong; Me... I'm NOT a complete idiot - still missing a few parts.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 09:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldorf
Is it dibs yet on your dirtyd0g tranny yet?

My tranny's holding out for now (barely), and this 6 speed swap is getting very interesting. A Viper gear set 6 speed sounds a lot better than a Mazda P.U. gear set 5 speed with that kizillion to 1st gear ratio. This might be actually be worth pulling the dash for!

I'm just waiting for the [email protected] (pics).

That is all...
Hehe, it may be about 2 years before I do something like this. Can you wait?

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 09:45 AM

Just sent the pics to MaddMartigan. After taking pics I saw one more fabrication. I made a triangular plate to fit behind the Wilwood clutch master cylinder to help reinforce the firewall. I made 3 holes in it so the studs from the clutch pedal assembly to attach to and welded 2 studs on the plate for the wilwood master cylinder to attach to. That worked perfectly. Got the idea from someone on SCCOA since the firewall was really thin and they said that overtime with pushing in the clutch that the firewall starts to crack. This is on stock SC as well. Hope you like the pics. I tried to get an undercar shot of the tranny but it didn't work out. Sorry!
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 02:17 PM

Here are some of my part numbers and prices:
McLeod Parts
MCL-260870R Disk Hubs $166.99
MCL-360048 Diaphram Pressure Plate 173.69
MCL-8750-06 Modular Bellhousing 374.39
MCL-1400-22 Hyd Throw-out Bearing 339.95
MCL-1429 Bearing Spacer 24.00
MCL-463200-28 Flywheel 280.95 *** This is for a 28oz balance (my engine is 28oz balance) and the shop made a mistake and got me a flywheel for a 351 so I had to get a new starter as well. You will not need to do this if you get the correct flywheel. I just kept it since my starter was original anyway so they replaced it with a 351 starter.
Other Parts:
Used 98 Firebird T-56 $1000 plus
D&D Upgraded 3/4 shift fork, 3/4 steel spacers $159.00
Upgraded 5/6 gear main shaft and Tranny teardown/clean and inspection 900.00
Wilwood Master cylinder 260-1304 49.95
Pilot bearing 6202-2rsj 17.75 Just do a search on internet for who sells it.
Ford Pressure plate mounting/Dowel M6397a302 13.95
Ford clutch switch assembly 1c3z 11a152 aa 69.87
Reverse Light Harness 12117379 42.28
Driveshaft MarkViii 30.00 + 156.00 install ujoints, shorten and balance
Ujoints and balance weights 134.11
Speedcal 9910er 124.98 They said I wouldn't get the correct speed settings but the day I drove off I picked the code from their sheet for 4.11 gears to 2.73 original gears (I have 3.73 gears to whatever our original gear setting is) and the speed was almost perfect. I could probably use the code for 4.10 gear to 2.73 ratio to be perfect.
Shifter ball I think I paid around 60.00
Shifter arm I think the shop threw it in for free but it is the one that bends to the rear like a "Z"
Probably a few other odds and ends like fluids and hyd lines and bolts but I think that would be it besides all the Supercoupe parts you need to get used and then the tune which Lonnie can do. Hope this helps. I think the total comes closer to $4000 now that I look it all over. Moderators should use this as a sticky so that everyone can see it!

Last edited by John; 09-30-2006 at 02:23 PM.
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 03:25 PM

One other small modification I did was the Wilwood clutch mastercylinder rod does not come with the right connection for the SC clutch pedal. The rod is just threaded at the end. All I did was thread a female to female connector on the rod end and welded a SC clutch rod to the other end of the connector to mate with the clutch pedal. I actually had to shorten the Wilwood rod end (threaded area) before putting the connector on to get the right fit on the clutch pedal. I guess you can do it the other way around by test fitting the SC rod and cut that prior to welding it on the connector. Using the female to female connector give you some adjustability for rod length. You can get a $10.00 plastic SC clutch rod clip from ford to lock the pedal to the rod.
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 09:20 PM

Garage
Here are the pics to go along with John's information:

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/4...ohn_t-bird.jpg
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/4...hn_t-birda.jpg
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/4...hn_t-birdb.jpg
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/4...hn_t-birdc.jpg
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/4...l/p1010283.jpg
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/4...l/p1010284.jpg

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 09:26 PM
PostWhore

Pretty sweet ehh. thats pics of my 6-speed t-56 swap

Lets try something along the lines of this...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...94_50_full.jpg

4R70W From DirtyDog
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 09:35 AM

Pretty sweet ehh. thats pics of my 6-speed t-56 swap

Lets try something along the lines of this...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...94_50_full.jpg[/QUOTE]

CobraRThunder
If you were reading the posts I told you why I didn't get an under car pic. If you really want a pic of the tranny (which by the way yours looks almost just like mine except for the mount) then you are going to be waiting for some time...probably when I need to change the oil which is in another 3-5 months. Is there a reason for the hurry.....
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 09:37 PM
PostWhore

No reason at all....take all the time you need.

4R70W From DirtyDog
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
John, all I can say, is that for the brief seconds I saw your car on the street the other day over by Funderbirds, I knew that car was a beast. I just wish to see it before I leave San Diego.

Ya, its funny, Funny like a Clown.
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 10:44 AM

I am sure we will meet up during a san diego get together or if you come across me coming home from work I will stop so we can meet. I will be in San diego for a good amount of time(unless deployed) so I am sure it will happen.
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 03:00 PM
PostWhore

ya found yer camera yet? still waiting for pics....

4R70W From DirtyDog
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 09:11 AM

Since CobraRThunder is so impatient, I took pics today. Can anyone post them for me? I will send the pics via email to you to post. Thanks!
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 09:30 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to wether
I can host. . . .pm me for e-mail.

Currently In the Short Bus Garage:
2 - '94 T-bird LX's 4.6L (one with 300,000+ miles and one with 200,000+ miles)
1 - '97 Mark VIII LSC - INTECH V8 (120,000+ miles)
1 - '97 F150 XLT 4x4 Flareside, 4.6L (130,000+ miles) - Currently being dismantled and rebuilt with upgrades!
1 - '00 Mustang GT (likes to accelerate with the brake on!), 4.6L (60,000+ miles - only comes out when I need to get somewhere fast.)

oh yeah, and they all have 4R70W's
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 12:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Since CobraRThunder is so impatient, I took pics today. Can anyone post them for me? I will send the pics via email to you to post. Thanks!
Send them to me again John. I will put them out there for you.

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 10:54 AM

Garage
Here are the pics from John:

I did resize them to be a bit more friendly.

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 12:01 PM

MaddMartigan- Thanks for posting the pictures for me(and resizing)!
The funny thing now is that it is running better than it ever has and now I am really conteplating selling it. What really got me was having to redo the engine again. I need a no hassel car now. I know I will never get the money that I put into it though(as well as blood and sweat). Another stickler is that I am in California but the car is registered in NJ so I was able to get around smog issues so I either have to sell it to someone out of state or another military person which really limits my options. Oh well! Hope you all like the pics!
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 12:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
MaddMartigan- Thanks for posting the pictures for me(and resizing)!
The funny thing now is that it is running better than it ever has and now I am really conteplating selling it. What really got me was having to redo the engine again. I need a no hassel car now. I know I will never get the money that I put into it though(as well as blood and sweat). Another stickler is that I am in California but the car is registered in NJ so I was able to get around smog issues so I either have to sell it to someone out of state or another military person which really limits my options. Oh well! Hope you all like the pics!
How much are you going to sell it for?

1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
M5R2
OMGHI2U

post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 01:26 PM

I don't want to go below $10k. The eng block redo and trans alone cost me 7-8K and all together the rest of the items and labor for the swap cost me around 14k. Then add in all the other mods I have and you would be somewhere around $20k that I have in the car. Like I said though I will sacrifice down to $10k.
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 08:46 PM
4th Gear Poster

so the t-56 will work in the thunderbird... i know this is a 5.0 but what about the 4.6...

Kevin

94 t-bird parting out in the classifieds

Selling a Panasonic cd player 40x4 with 1 set of preouts
and a Yamaha warrior front fender- yellow Classified as SPEED DEMON! Mutha
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 02:50 AM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to MarksM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxion$Mulla$
so the t-56 will work in the thunderbird... i know this is a 5.0 but what about the 4.6...
The same McCleod universal bellhousing with a different motor plate.

2007 Buell XB9S
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 10:54 PM
2nd Gear Poster

so this t-56 swap into a 4.6L '94 bird LX "auto trans" will be quite a bit more work than the t-45 swap that only requires a shifter arm extension box if i want stock look. and The only custom pieces on the whole swap are the bracket to hold the slave on the trans, and the hydraulic line going between the master and slave.

i am going to get help from an ex-machanic but i want to have everything lined up so i can hopfully blow through this. if i at least know what i need i can talk with the mechanic and get started, i just dont want to get stuck and not have my car because i am missing some random part..

so i need for t-45 swap: cost about 900 for trans and i guess $$$ for parts

1)some kind of shifter extension box( sorry but i am a noob and dont know exactly what this is but i think i know what its function is, cant i fabricate the shifting stick so it will work or does that just make it so the throw is way too long, thus, thats what the shift ext. box is for right??) what shift extension box will work? do i need to get some used part or is this an aftermarket part?

2)custom bracket to hold Slave onto Trans ( I dont know what the "slave" is. This is just taking the hydrolic line from my auto trans and connecting it to new trans? )

3)hydrolic line from slave to master( is hydrolic line from auto trans to new trans?)

4) clutch petal assembly, which car should i try to get this out of or will just about any work?

5)clutch and flywheel, these arent included into the trans when i get it? Which one do i need, just the same parts from the car the t-45 trans came out of (t-45 came from 99 mustang..) or can it be another car

t-56 swap requires: i want to do this swap but at less then 2 Grand, 1100 for trans and maby 800 for parts( i have no clue)... i might go over 2 G's tho

1)whole clutch petal assembly from what cars will work?

2) clutch and flywheel, again, included with trans or not? if not then which ones do i need..

---below are parts John used, i dont know if i need all of these, i sure hope not because i am getting more confused and scared that i cant do this swap with the 6 speed that i want soo much..

3)odds and ends like the SpeedCal(just to get mph set correclty??), shifter arm, shifter ball, clutch master cylinder, lines etc...(ect includes??)

4)tranny mount and the shifter tunnel need to be fabbed, parts needed are: <<1>>pontiac tranny mount( something can be fabbed without buying that mount right?) <<2>>GTO shifter assembly on the T-56( or just that shifter extension box?)

John-"Both ended up to be pretty easy solutions. The shop just cut and welded on an older style pontiac tranny mount to the TBird crossmember. Looked and fit great. For the tunnel the guy had to cut about an inch or two forward on the tunnel for the shifter to come up and then made the SC tunnel cover fit perfectly over it. I had to trim the plastic console about and inch to make sure the shifter didn't hit the plastic. I think you can get buy without doing any of the tunnel/plastic cutting if you go with the GTO shifter assembly on the T-56 but I don't know how much that will set you back. I also got a used MarkVIII one piece shaft that the shop shortened and fit perfectly."

5) just any kind of fab to reinforce the firewall like john did. Do i need to do this on my car or is my firewall strong enoguh?

John-"I saw one more fabrication. I made a triangular plate to fit behind the Wilwood clutch master cylinder to help reinforce the firewall. I made 3 holes in it so the studs from the clutch pedal assembly to attach to and welded 2 studs on the plate for the wilwood master cylinder to attach to. That worked perfectly. Got the idea from someone on SCCOA since the firewall was really thin and they said that overtime with pushing in the clutch that the firewall starts to crack. This is on stock SC as well."

6) omg i hope these are parts that i dont need!!!
John-Here are some of my part numbers and prices:
McLeod Parts
MCL-260870R Disk Hubs $166.99
MCL-360048 Diaphram Pressure Plate 173.69
MCL-8750-06 Modular Bellhousing 374.39
MCL-1400-22 Hyd Throw-out Bearing 339.95
MCL-1429 Bearing Spacer 24.00
MCL-463200-28 Flywheel 280.95 *** This is for a 28oz balance (my engine is 28oz balance) and the shop made a mistake and got me a flywheel for a 351 so I had to get a new starter as well. You will not need to do this if you get the correct flywheel. I just kept it since my starter was original anyway so they replaced it with a 351 starter.
Other Parts:
Used 98 Firebird T-56 $1000 plus
D&D Upgraded 3/4 shift fork, 3/4 steel spacers $159.00
Upgraded 5/6 gear main shaft and Tranny teardown/clean and inspection 900.00
Wilwood Master cylinder 260-1304 49.95
Pilot bearing 6202-2rsj 17.75 Just do a search on internet for who sells it.
Ford Pressure plate mounting/Dowel M6397a302 13.95
Ford clutch switch assembly 1c3z 11a152 aa 69.87
Reverse Light Harness 12117379 42.28
Driveshaft MarkViii 30.00 + 156.00 install ujoints, shorten and balance
Ujoints and balance weights 134.11
Speedcal 9910er 124.98 They said I wouldn't get the correct speed settings but the day I drove off I picked the code from their sheet for 4.11 gears to 2.73 original gears (I have 3.73 gears to whatever our original gear setting is) and the speed was almost perfect. I could probably use the code for 4.10 gear to 2.73 ratio to be perfect.
Shifter ball I think I paid around 60.00
Shifter arm I think the shop threw it in for free but it is the one that bends to the rear like a "Z"
Probably a few other odds and ends like fluids and hyd lines and bolts but I think that would be it besides all the Supercoupe parts you need to get used and then the tune which Lonnie can do. Hope this helps. I think the total comes closer to $4000 now that I look it all over. Moderators should use this as a sticky so that everyone can see it!"
---------------------------------------
John- "One other small modification I did was the Wilwood clutch mastercylinder rod does not come with the right connection for the SC clutch pedal. The rod is just threaded at the end. All I did was thread a female to female connector on the rod end and welded a SC clutch rod to the other end of the connector to mate with the clutch pedal. I actually had to shorten the Wilwood rod end (threaded area) before putting the connector on to get the right fit on the clutch pedal. I guess you can do it the other way around by test fitting the SC rod and cut that prior to welding it on the connector. Using the female to female connector give you some adjustability for rod length. You can get a $10.00 plastic SC clutch rod clip from ford to lock the pedal to the rod."

Maxion$Mulla$-

MarksM-
The same McCleod universal bellhousing with a different motor plate

That sounds soo much more complicated than the t-45 swap, but i am guessing i need to get many of thoes types of parts( not exactly same cauz its diff. transmission) for the t-45 also?

Hey guys, any help will be soo appricated, i am sorry i am soo noob. Any websites that have this info on there if you give me addy ill read up... thanks for any help and info i know thats a lot of reading above...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in