For 1 thing I don't think anything has ever been done to the tranny so its the original '94. The oil is good and not burnt but....
1. Sitting around 45 mph or so the car has a difinite shudder, which by reading through here and SCCOA that its the original TC that causes it.
2. When cold it takes a few seconds to go into gear, either first or reverse.
3. Once it heats up, it'll start hunting out of O/D down to 3rd and sometimes even 2nd if I'm slow enough and will only clear itself if I go WOT for a few seconds... then its fine for the rest of the trip.
4. Used to take awhile to shift into the next gear, ie hang between the gears, but since I've put in some Lucasoil tranny treatment this sympton has dissappeared for the most part.
5. If I corner hard, or brake hard (bad habit from driving the SC
), the tranny acts like it just went into neutral for a few seconds, which supposedly the old style oil pan is a cause of this.
6. There is a definite whine coming from the tranny. I know it isn't the P/S pump as its whining as well. Also when I shut the motor off, the sound that comes from the tranny is like something is way too tight
I'm planning to flush out the old oil, change the filter and switch to mercon V to see if that helps at all in a couple of weeks once the treatment has worked itself through for awhile.
I'm hoping I get the winter out of this tranny, then in the spring swap in something better.
Any and all ideas are welcomed meanwhile