gear question? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to 94fastbird
gear question?

hey guys just wondering the difference in gains from a 3.08 gears - 3.73 gears? is there gonna be alot me spin off the line? see i want me get up and go so what are the the thing a should do for this? tranny? gears? and driveshaft upgrade?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Banned

you will notice more of a kick off the line. mine has wheel hop and gains traction in a second or too even with my rebuilt trac-lok. all you have to do is just ease on the pedal for the most effeciancy *sp*

if you do go to 3.73's yes i would upgrade the driveshaft while your at it. just look for a mark 8 in the local junkyard and pull out an alluminum one piece driveshaft out of it. make sure its out of a 93 and that its a one peice. then get that sucker high speed balanced. i had drivetrain vibration when i used my stock driveshaft swapping to 3.73's.

also if your car doesnt have trac-lok *fords limited slip* then i would wait to get a rear end that has trac-lok like off a mark 8 again seeing how they are all alluminum and weigh 20lbs lighter than our stock ones. make sure its limited slip.

and last but not least look into a j-mod *custom shift kit* and a tranny cooler. i did 3.73's/jmod/ecu tune and it was a DIFFERENT car lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in