jerking Trans - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to 94trouble
jerking Trans

ok heres my problem, when im driving the car and the trans shifts from 1st to 2nd, when it goes into second gear it, and slams into second gear, its kinda like when you floor in first gear and when it hits second gear, (still floored)
it will slam into second, i dont know what could be wrong with it, i was reading on bstuff.com that someone kinda had the same problem, and he bought this stuff called transmission seal conditioner, it sloved his problem, im wondering if Ford sells anything like this?, could you guys help me out? thanks?
if you need a better description ill try to tell you, im getting tired
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 08:49 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Well it could be a couple of things. There may be a broken spring in the 1-2 accumulator. Or the old style aluminum accumulator may be sticking in the bore.

An additive is not the way to fix either of these problems. The pan needs to be dropped and the 1-2 accumulator assy needs to be inspected to see what needs to be replaced.

I can sell you the updated accumulator parts with springs and instructions if you want.

Darrin

01 F150 5.4L 4x4 and a 98 Mustang GT vert sitting engineless and without transmission or converter

All my vehicles tuned by BC Automotive (me)

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 09:50 AM
5th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin
I can sell you the updated accumulator parts with springs and instructions if you want.
How much? Is this just the 1-2 or do you have the 2-3 parts also? I need to get this done soon and figured it'd be cheaper to buy the parts myself and bring them to the dealer.

Thanks,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin
Well it could be a couple of things. There may be a broken spring in the 1-2 accumulator. Or the old style aluminum accumulator may be sticking in the bore.

An additive is not the way to fix either of these problems. The pan needs to be dropped and the 1-2 accumulator assy needs to be inspected to see what needs to be replaced.

Darrin

I'd like more info on what you are talking about.

My car slams into gear at part throttle or full throttle, I plan to drop the pan, want to know what to look for, and where to get the new parts.

Is there a place I can buy a valve body ready to drop and go?

I also notice some times the trans shifts slow.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

I sell complete valve bodies and valve body kits as well and I have parts for both the 1-2 and 2-3.

If you guys need anything just give me a call at 317-514-0816

Thanks
Darrin

01 F150 5.4L 4x4 and a 98 Mustang GT vert sitting engineless and without transmission or converter

All my vehicles tuned by BC Automotive (me)

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 04:44 AM

I might give you a call, I need to get my pumpkin taken care of first.

Whats a valve body normally go for? I don't want tire chirping shifts and I don't want stock slowness. I really don't want to play with the checkballs either.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in