4.10's in Cobra diff are installed!!!! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

4.10's in Cobra diff are installed!!!!

Yes sir' my 4.10's w/ trac loc in a cobra diff came in the mail today. Was said to have only a couple thousand miles on them. When I opened the box I saw the alluminum diff and that rested some of my nerves over the ebay sale. I hoped and prayed when I pulled the cover to see "410" stamped in the ring gear along with an "S" spring. Sure enough all was there. 6hrs later (It's 36 degrees out here, I had to take breaks) the car was back together. Took it for a spin..and did just that spun the tires for a solid 20ft before I caught traction only to break lose again in the shift to 2nd. Wow! That's all I can say. That car freakin' launched after I knew what kind of effect the gears had and how to drive it out of the hole. The gears are great, no wine, no noise, and upon inspection looked brand new, no wear. The trac-loc seems to be in good working order, the car pulled sideways out of the hole..never used to do that before.lol. Now I just need to have my SCT chip reprogrammed for the gears and I'll be set. This should definently be a mod on the top of everyone's list.

Justin McC

Last edited by Stinkfist04; 10-16-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 01:40 AM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to guitar maestro Send a message via Yahoo to guitar maestro
it is on my list....'cept mine is an iron unit, with 4.30s ...should go in in about 2 weeks along with an speedcal and a few modifications on my EEC Tuner
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 07:44 AM
PostWhore

Did you get that from Brett in WPB? I snagged the Cobra delrin arms for my Mustang. I sent a link to that auction to someone and it was closed just after. Good grab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Haha Yeah I bought them off of a guy named Brett in WPB...good stuff. Yeah There was zero bids with one day left..starting bid was at $300..I just emailed him and told him that I'd buy them right now for $350.. he ended the auction early and sold them to me. I just didn't want some yahoo to wait until the last minute and steal them from me.

Justin McC
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 10:14 AM
5th Gear Poster

i'm soooo jealous, congrats on the deal.i know what you mean as far as an ebay sale goes...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in