SCT Tranny Tuning Questions - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

SCT Tranny Tuning Questions

With a well built converter(Alan's-10") would/could an SCT be programmed to lock it in a 3-2 downshift or would that not be the way to get a quicker 50-70mph time? Also how about locking it in 2nd gear like it locks now in 3rd and OD at part throttle to perhaps gain any mileage lost with the slippage in regular driving in stop and go city driving? I am clear on the lock after the 1-2 shift for 1/4 mile et's but I am not going to a track but am looking for enhancement in rolling performance as the bolt ons did very little. Thanks, mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
PM lonnie, he can probablyy tune it damn near any way you want it.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 08:33 PM
5th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Obucina View Post
PM lonnie, he can probablyy tune it damn near any way you want it.
like the great said.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

I have PM'ed Lonnie but have not gotten a response.
I did get one but he thought I was talking about a stock converter and when I asked the questions about Alan's converter I have yet to hear and Alan's GP pricing ends next wednesday. I have asked Alan a dozen questions as this is a tough decision for me as I am not interested in track times or 60' times being decreased but am looking for some power in cruising situations. I would like the car to be quicker say from kicking down from 3rd-2nd and if that would be helped by the converter. If I get the 3800 rpm stall will I need to have a set of DR's to hook? How "mushy" is it in stop and go city driving? Can the tune have the converter lock in 2nd gear at part throttle? Does it lock when kicked down fom 3rd to 2nd or would that be a bad thing for making the car quicker? Alan is ticked at me for "asking 4 Billion questions and backing out". I had qualms after I heard that there would be some mushiness and with the 4.10's I cannot afford to lose anymore driveability. Alan thinks I am asking him about his 10" converter to have a local shop build a "copy" and that is not true. The guy at the local shop who doesn't even know why anyone would want the converter to lock in 2nd said "If I had the capability to build the ultimate converter I would ue the stock 11" lock-up piston and turbine and (somehow) build it down to 10" stator", etc.
I cannot even find anyone to do a tranny tune or answer the questions and maybe for what I am looking for a converter is not the thing I need? Does anyone know if the converter would help the car quicker besides the better launch should it hook well? In a nutshell that is my single question! I am NOT trying to STEAL anything from Alan and wish him the absolute best and refer guys to him from the mustang forums and anyone can do a search on converters and sweet99 and see for themselves, especially Alan. Besides I offered Alan $50. for the time I took because I do ask a lot of questions especially when $2300. and the 4.10's, UDP's, JLT CAI, 75mm BBK TB/Plenum, PYPES catted X-pipe/catback and custom tuned SCT got me .47 and 5-6mph in the 1/4 registered on a passport timer which I know is not absolutely accurate but has been tested by mags to be very close and at least shows the gains. The converter with J-mod and tranny cooler with tune will end up costing $1300.
I am disabled after several back surgeries and cannot do this converter R&R myself. Help would be appreciated. Thanks, mark
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 07:24 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

These things have been explained to you repeatedly by myself, Alan and Lonnie. In long, detailed and exhaustive discussions.

You and I had a bunch of pm's, emails and then phone calls that ended when you finally just asked me how to build my transmission so that you can have a local guy do it for you. You then did the exact same thing to Alan.

Dude, we all talk to each other you know. Lonnie has chosen not to play this game.

I felt sorry for you for a while after you explained your situation, but you use that situation as an excuse and a tool. You don't just use your situation though, you are also using misinformation and half truth's in ways to draw sympathy toward you. I don't feel sorry for you anymore in this situation.

I do feel very sorry that you are in such pain. I sympathize with that part of your situation for sure and I am sorry that you are where you are. But you need to know that if you are as medicated as you say then driving in that state is not just wrong, its illegal.

All Alan or I have gotten for our good faith in talking to you and trying to help you is nothing but a lot of trouble and bad feelings. Offering Alan $50 for his knowledge is an insult. You did the same thing to me, remember? You are not asking for product assistance, you are asking for specific details that will allow someone else to make the same products. That is wrong.

Enough of this. You know where to go to get the things you are talking about and you have been given well more than adequate explainations of the products, the benefits of the products and their operational characteristics. You have been given more information than any other person on any board anywhere. No more.

If you want to buy something then just buy it. If you chose not to purchase and instead decide to make posts to gain public sympathy in an effort to coerce people into just giving you what you want then you are in the wrong place and you are talking to the wrong people.

It will not be tolerated. People will be let to know the other side of this story here.

Darrin

01 F150 5.4L 4x4 and a 98 Mustang GT vert sitting engineless and without transmission or converter

All my vehicles tuned by BC Automotive (me)

Last edited by Darrin; 03-10-2007 at 08:06 AM. Reason: clarity and spelling
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

I want no sympathy and I drive the car very little and my Doctors are well aware of my situation and I have a pump embdded in my abdomen that delivers the meds to my spine directly which minimizes the side effects. The problem is working on the car is difficult as changing the spark plugs was a 2 day deal. Thanks to all who can sympathize for the disability but I have long ago accepted it, thank you. All I asked about a transmision mod was the j-mod as my mechanic wants $150. to do it and Alan said he would get the parts togetherfor me for $75. So that's $225. The converter is $525. Now I am at $750. A cooler will be required which I could probably do with help from a friend so maybe $100.?
The converter R&R has been quoted at 7 hours at $50. per hour, $350. more. That brings this to $1200. Add a tune for $100. and it's a $1300. job.
I a not going to track race the car as Sunday I have other obligations.
Yeah I have asked a lot of questions and right when I was going to send the cash I heard that 1st gear would be a "little" mushy up to about 1100rpm's. I balked. I do remember you said the converter would help in rolling situations but I guess I don't uderstand how. That is where Iam looking for clarification. JL said the converter locks in the 2-3 shift and the 3-2 shift from the factory so I have to "guess" it should be tuned to NOT lock in the 3-2 shift unless rpm's are over 4000rpm's.
To cut this here I would like one of the guys who know all about me to go to www.mustangforums.com and do a search for high stall converter with sweet99 as the author and you will see that I recommend BC-Automotive and Alan and even give his phone number from the MM&FF article where you guys changed that Bullitt with 600+WHP to an automatic.
Yeah I offered $50. to cover your guys time because you are running a business and time is money, it was not cash for knowledge so lighten up. If your hearts are hardened just ban me from this forum AFTER you check out my claim for the recommendations for your businesses and work!
In my recent questions to Alan I said if he considered his converter to be proprietary information I understood. If the word is not understood and a dictionary is not handy I would be pleased to define it. All I really want is an explanation as to how the onverter would help the car in rolling situations. I remember that you, Darrin, said it would help in that capacity but really don't remember the reason it would. Mileage is a factor also and if no-one will say how their tune will cancel out any loss how can I know it will? Since critizing me comes so easy please do the search on MF and let these guys who are reading this who I recommend for tranny/converter work. Thanks, mark
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Did you miss the part about where I said that you have been given more information about all of this than anyone, anywhere, ever?

Did you also miss the part that said if you want to buy something then just buy it?

I didn't criticize you. I just stated facts. If you don't like those facts then this is not my problem. I cannot change those facts.

Alan said he will address this when he gets back home. I just got off the phone with him. I am talking to Lonnie right now as well. We are all in complete agreement on what has happened and what is going to happen.

Thanks
Darrin

Also, how can you honestly recommend any of us to anyone when you have never even actually seen, let alone used, any of our products?

Please don't do that.

01 F150 5.4L 4x4 and a 98 Mustang GT vert sitting engineless and without transmission or converter

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Darrin I recommended you based upon the article in MM&FF. If your products were not worthy of backing a 600whp car in a national magazine you were fools to let them be used. I do not think you are fools so therefore I believe your products are worth recommending.
Those that contacted you guys based upon that can deceide for themselves on whether they want to use your products. I am a person who just needs as much info as possible and I long ago deleted emails we had exchanged. You guys are mods so simply ban me. I ask too many questions. Information is knowledge and knowledge is power so I must be a spy. I won't be back and wish you all well. Bye.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Now thats just silly...

What I am saying is that I wish to be known by the facts and prefer to stand on that sort of solid ground. I dont want to be the fodder of simple internet repeaters. I know it happens, but I prefer to let the people that have my products do the talking. That is the way it should be. They are the only ones that know what they have.

Every once in a while you might catch me having a "proud" moment, but I am just as human as the next guy.

Now, just like everyone else, I have people that I cannot make happy no matter what I do. That also is a fact of life. With me though, the squeaky wheel doesnt just simply get the grease. That causes more problems for everyone. Both at the time and down the road. How I do it is I examine the problem and find the cause. If the problem is this side of the wheel then I fix it and try to make a happy sounding wheel. If the problem is simply a bad wheel then I rip it off and throw it out. No sense upsetting a good setup with a messed up noisy azz wheel.

Also, if you believe everything you read then you only have a very small portion of the story and it is often inaccurate.

Also, I don't ban people. I can't and I wouldn't anyway. You have the right to your opinions and you have the right to speak them. Just expect a reply to straighten out any steering through improper tactics if and when it occurs.

Now once again, in case you missed it again, you have been given more info about our products than anyone, anywhere at any time. You have been given more information than the guy that got the transmission that is in the car in that magazine and more info than the writer of the article.

If you want to buy something then call the proper person and do so. If not, please move on and let everyone be.

Thank you.
Darrin

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 05:30 PM

sweet99,

I run Darrin's products, and have run Alan's products. Both are excellent, and work as advertised. Could you (or someone else) build this product...yes. But only if you are willing to invest the time, research and money into it. If converters or transmissions were your livelyhood and business, you would not give away that information. You would have worked long and hard to acquire it. There are only two ways to get the product you want...but it, or learn to build it yourself. The information is all over the internet should you decide to build it yourself, just be prepared for trial and error and lot's of time and money.
To answer your question 'will this make my car hook', there are many variables you'll need to adjust other than the transmission, converter or gears. Good luck with whichever route you pursue.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Does the 3800 stall converter help the car be quicker other than 60' times is all I want to know and if yes, how? Darrin did say one time as I recall(my memory is poor, sorry) that it would. JL said the stock tranny tune locks the converter in the 2-3 shift and the 3-2 downshift also. Since I have been given all of this information is it too much to give it again as I no longer have it and cannot understand how the converter will do this.
Of course there are many factors as to how well a car will hook. I will gladly give any factors that anyone asks. It has 4.10's, Eibach lowering springs for a convertible, which it is, and new KYB GR-2's as I cannot tolerate a rough ride. The tranny is stock and I would like to do the J-mod but would need help both from somebody like Alan who was going to get the parts together for me for $75. I have not found instructions for a '99 4R70W but have them as posted for the earlier trannies.
I've upset some people and all I can do is say I am sorry and ask for forgiveness. As a Christian I have no problem asking for forgiveness and admitting when I have wronged someone. I have been falselly accused of trying to get info to have a local shop build me a converter. I have been falsely accused of trying to get info for modifying my transmission. I offered payment for taking a man's time, NOT for his knowledge. Get it straight.
I will repeat myself. I spent $2350. for 4.10's, 75mm BBK TB/plenum, PYPES catted x-pipe, JLT CAI, UDP's and a custom tuned SCT from Brenspeed. Brent sells headers and told me NOT to buy LT's because they would not be worth the expense for what mods my motor has-read that as no cams or headwork. I would buy LT's id I had cncrete info that they actually would make the car quicker. I have the CD where they took a 2006 and added a complete SS system, headers and 3" exhaust and got 10whp. That system must have cost $1500. for parts alone let alone the labor which would put that at $2000.
The same principle applies here. I have a poor memory. I do know that what I spent was not worth the investment as I gained less than .5 and 5-6mph in the 1/4 on a passport timer. I will NOT see a track as I will be in church on Sunday mornings when the track is normally open.
Simply asking how the converter will help the car be quicker in rolling situations is not too much to ask because I forgot. Is it part of the tune? The tune that no-one here will sell me by the way because of fear. I am seen as a thief of someone's knowledge which is so far fromt the truth. I have prayed for Alan's business and family because he has a new daughter and somehow it got twisted that I am out to steal $150,000 of his business investment because I said a local converter guy who CANNOT build what I ned anyways said he thought the best converter bwould start with the stock 11" lock-up piston and tuebine and somehow be built down with rings to a 10" and whatever parts that would have that would be beneficial. I even said if that was proprietary info that I understood. Perhaps that person did not know the meaning of the word just as I don't understand how a cnverter would help beyond the launch. I am almost 53 an the only aftermarket converter I have bought was a Switch-pitch for my '66 GS which had a 2000 and 3000 stall with the touch of a button. Maybe a converter is not what I need? Why is helping me, AGAIN, so upsetting? I have forgotten how it would help as Darrin once told me it would. My friends who have had aftermarket converters do not know because we are all old school having owned many muscle cars of the 60's and do not understand the electronics of modern converters/trannies.
JL, Johnny Langton, said that all a tune for the converter does is make it more streetable. He said to buy Alan's converter and I have respect for JL. I have respect for Alan, Darin and Lonnie also. I am on this form because the typical Mustang forum has members who do not know what a converter does, they do not know what advancing ignition timing does. I don't know what a electronic converter can do to make my vehicle quicker on a roll, like from 40-60mph, or if it can as I do not have that response from Darrin saved!
I don't have an opinion to offer. I am here to be educated. If the info is proprietary(secret) just confirm or deny whether it would quicken the car besides the launch as to me that is where a converter does it's job. If it does a great job launching and that is why I should get one to quicken my car would I need DR's? My stock flash stall is 2600rpm's and the 315/35 Sumitomo's give 2.15 60'times with my 93 tune and 2.25/2.28 times with the 100 octane tune. I listed my mods. No LCA's, no 4 cylinder front springs without a sway bar.
Again I apoligize for anyone I have offended and ask for forgiveness, publically asking for forgiveness. I would still appreciate help in making a tough decesion if anyone would PM me or email me or even call and clear up my questions once again. 315-253-6088, please before 9pm as that is lights out for me. Humbly, Mark
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

So, for all of that time that you and I spent in PM's emails and on the telephone where I gave you hours of information, repeatedly, ad nauseum, what have I to show for it?

I am not sure how its possible to forget this info when it has been given to you at least dozens of times so far by me alone. You seem to remember some stuff pretty good if I can gauge by your posts here. Just not the stuff you are asking about and had explained to you again and again and again and again...

Huh???

I am telling you, if you come with BS you are going to get called to the floor on it. I am also telling you that we have the emails and PM's to back up what is being said. This trying for sympathy thing isn't going to cut it.

You seem a lot more lucid over on MD in this thread where you got accurate answers. http://forums.modulardepot.com/4-6l-...-feedback.html

The dollars per incremental gain ratio grows exponentially with the quickness of the car. Some people will spend tens of thousands of dollars for that .5 second drop in ET you are complaining about. Its all relative as is the following.

For what you want and what you expect, you do not want to buy one of these converters, or a j-mod kit or even a tune. It will not be worth it to you by your standards. I have told you this repeatedly in private and now you have it in public. Refer to it often. Print it and paste it everywhere please.

That statement is only applicable to the person known as sweet99 on this board though. Every other person reading this should entirely disregard it because these are absolutely, hands down the best bang for the buck mods you can do to your car. He will not be happy with a .5-.7 improvement in 1/4 mile times for what it costs, pretty much everyone else will. Trust me. For everyone else it is well worth it. That smile factor is invaluable.

Darrin

Oh, and...
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/proprietary%20

Alan knows what he is saying. Look at definition number 1. That says it all.

Oh, and any timer thing on the street is street racing and that is forbidden discussion here. We do not condone street racing or driving under any influence.

Last edited by Darrin; 03-10-2007 at 08:53 PM.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

sweet99 you have pushed one of the most knowledgeable guys over the edge here seriously check your self.

1997 Thunderbird LX, 4.6L, Performance White.
3.27 TL, 300hp J-Mod, Mid-Mount Magnaflow w/2.25" True Duals to 3" Magnaflow 15* Slash Cut Tips, PI Intake,
FR500 Steering Wheel, FRPP Wires, 180* T-Stat, 22C Plugs, Cobra Vert Rears, RSTB, SC "L" Braces. 175k and still flying!
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

To all,

I am ignoring him now completely. Its the best thing one can do in a situation like this.

I only responded because he has and will continue to come in and gripe about how nobody will answer him when he has been answered repeatedly.

He was moving on to Lonnie and I wanted to head that one off. I missed out on it with Alan.

That is all.

Darrin

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

i say lock-her down!

1997 Thunderbird LX, 4.6L, Performance White.
3.27 TL, 300hp J-Mod, Mid-Mount Magnaflow w/2.25" True Duals to 3" Magnaflow 15* Slash Cut Tips, PI Intake,
FR500 Steering Wheel, FRPP Wires, 180* T-Stat, 22C Plugs, Cobra Vert Rears, RSTB, SC "L" Braces. 175k and still flying!
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Nope, sorry. I don't believe in doing that unless its completely abusive or name calling or totally about illegal discussion.

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
Nope, sorry. I don't believe in doing that unless its completely abusive or name calling or totally about illegal discussion.
would you like me to initiate some inflammitory comments so that it may be locked?

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
So, for all of that time that you and I spent in PM's emails and on the telephone where I gave you hours of information, repeatedly, ad nauseum, what have I to show for it?

I am not sure how its possible to forget this info when it has been given to you at least dozens of times so far by me alone. You seem to remember some stuff pretty good if I can gauge by your posts here. Just not the stuff you are asking about and had explained to you again and again and again and again...

Huh???

I am telling you, if you come with BS you are going to get called to the floor on it. I am also telling you that we have the emails and PM's to back up what is being said. This trying for sympathy thing isn't going to cut it.

You seem a lot more lucid over on MD in this thread where you got accurate answers. http://forums.modulardepot.com/4-6l-...-feedback.html

The dollars per incremental gain ratio grows exponentially with the quickness of the car. Some people will spend tens of thousands of dollars for that .5 second drop in ET you are complaining about. Its all relative as is the following.

For what you want and what you expect, you do not want to buy one of these converters, or a j-mod kit or even a tune. It will not be worth it to you by your standards. I have told you this repeatedly in private and now you have it in public. Refer to it often. Print it and paste it everywhere please.

That statement is only applicable to the person known as sweet99 on this board though. Every other person reading this should entirely disregard it because these are absolutely, hands down the best bang for the buck mods you can do to your car. He will not be happy with a .5-.7 improvement in 1/4 mile times for what it costs, pretty much everyone else will. Trust me. For everyone else it is well worth it. That smile factor is invaluable.

Darrin

Oh, and...
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/proprietary%20

Alan knows what he is saying. Look at definition number 1. That says it all.

Oh, and any timer thing on the street is street racing and that is forbidden discussion here. We do not condone street racing or driving under any influence.
Thanks for the first link! I did not get any notices of replies as I must have not hit the right button for that, I had not read one of those responses. ( I don't get any notices of replies here either, just for PM's) That is all I was asking for. What I don't understand is how the one fellow was able to change the speed/rpm at which the converter locked as he said 50mph was the best for him. Is it safe to "assume" that the same .3 he got in the 1/4 would be there in a downshift/passing situation?
Alan said the converters were his livelyhood and I respect that, no problem. Getting a good tranny/converter tune is now not going to happen all because it was perceived that I was trying to get info under false pretences. Apologies are not accepted. I am powerless over people that will not accept my character defects but I can admit I have character defects and am not perfect nor do I carry vendetta's. If Alan chooses to sellme a converter then that would be fine and if not then it is out of my hands. I do appreciate the direction to that link as like I said I never saw a response to that thread! Take care, mark
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 08:06 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Marl Send a message via Yahoo to Marl
Darrin and Alan are VERY good at what they do. I just returned home from Darrin's place where he tuned my car. I could not be happier with the products and the service they sold me! If they tell you something will/will not work believe them. They know what they are talking about.

1995 4.6L XR7 Dual Guage Pod with Oil and Temp., 255/60R15 Yokohama Avid S/T's, Screamin' Demon Coil's with Live Wires, K & N, modified stock oil pressure gauge, air silencer removed, stock air box, trans and tune by Darrin, TC by Dirtydog

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver.'
Spend your money on your ride and not your girl. It'll last longer and fewer people have been in it!
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

I just took out a post from sweet99 and I am referring him for disciplinary action because of it.

sweet99,

You have been trying and trying and you finally crossed the line. You made rude and hurtful comments about a member that didn't do so much as say boo to you.

That was rude and wrong and it will be addressed. The post is still available for admins to look at and, as I said, it will be addressed.

If you ever wonder why people don't want to answer or help you then reflecting on what you just did might help you understand.

Shame on you!

Darrin

post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 10:30 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet99 View Post
Does the 3800 stall converter help the car be quicker other than 60' times is all I want to know and if yes, how?

YES - it has lower rotating weight so the car will accelerate faster.

Buy the Dawg's converter or buy someone else's, all there is to it IMHO.
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 01:24 PM
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher

Just to clarify....I told you that the OE tune has the converter locked in 2nd and 3rd some of the time,and that those could be adjusted to help with the looser converter.
Don't qoute me as saying things that you're interpreting incorrectly.
JL

1997 Thunderbird-4.6L/[email protected]
'05 F250 Crewcab 2WD-6.8L V10/5R110/4.10
2010 Lincoln MKT-3.5L EcoBoost V6/[email protected] stock
Fuelly
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 01:43 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Getting a good tranny/converter tune is now not going to happen all because it was perceived that I was trying to get info under false pretences.

If thats the only reason to not get a good tranny/converter then you really didn't need to be getting one in the first place.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Langton View Post
Just to clarify....I told you that the OE tune has the converter locked in 2nd and 3rd some of the time,and that those could be adjusted to help with the looser converter.
Don't qoute me as saying things that you're interpreting incorrectly.
JL
I was told that you are or might be tuning this car for him, is that correct?

Darrin

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmckinney View Post
If thats the only reason to not get a good tranny/converter then you really didn't need to be getting one in the first place.
Nick, what he is saying is kind of like that Hertz commercial thing. "Not exactly".

This situation is very, very odd.

Darrin

post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 05:41 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Marl Send a message via Yahoo to Marl
Quote:

This situation is very, very odd.

Darrin

I agree!

1995 4.6L XR7 Dual Guage Pod with Oil and Temp., 255/60R15 Yokohama Avid S/T's, Screamin' Demon Coil's with Live Wires, K & N, modified stock oil pressure gauge, air silencer removed, stock air box, trans and tune by Darrin, TC by Dirtydog

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver.'
Spend your money on your ride and not your girl. It'll last longer and fewer people have been in it!
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 06:04 PM
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher

Quote:
I was told that you are or might be tuning this car for him, is that correct?

Darrin
Umm...that would be a negative.
JL

1997 Thunderbird-4.6L/[email protected]
'05 F250 Crewcab 2WD-6.8L V10/5R110/4.10
2010 Lincoln MKT-3.5L EcoBoost V6/[email protected] stock
Fuelly
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Langton View Post
Umm...that would be a negative.
JL
Huh, the plot thickens...

Yo be clear, he didn't tell me that you are or would be the tuner at any time. This is 3rd party info. So it may be incorrect. As is a lot of this very odd situation.

Darrin

post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
I cannot tolerate a rough ride
That sums it up all together...

If you cannot "tolerate" a rough RIDE, then you definatley DONT NEED a JMOD or a high stall convertor.

Jmod will snap your neck when it shifts, the stall convertor will snap your neck OFF when you launch.

Based on your disabilty, its my opinion that you really dont need any of these things and they will just cause you more pain in the long run.

IMHO

1995 Lincoln Mark VIII "Grandmas Car"
400,480 miles *STOLEN 04-13-08*

98 Mark VIII LSC

STONE
STOCK
SLOW

NO
MODS
HERE
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLRVIII View Post
That sums it up all together...

If you cannot "tolerate" a rough RIDE, then you definatley DONT NEED a JMOD or a high stall convertor.

Jmod will snap your neck when it shifts, the stall convertor will snap your neck OFF when you launch.

Based on your disabilty, its my opinion that you really dont need any of these things and they will just cause you more pain in the long run.

IMHO

or a mustang for that matter.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in