TCCoA Forums banner

Latest refinements to Turbo SC

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  David Neibert 
#1 · (Edited)
........moved

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
My terry cloth covered breathers on the rocker covers wern't cutting it, and once saturated with oil they didn't flow well enough to relieve crank case pressure, which caused numerous oil leaks.

In addition to fixing all the leaks, Dan Saitz over at Hyperformance modded a set of Ford Racing polished aluminum valve covers to accept 12 AN hoses along with a nice Moroso catch can that should resolve the case pressure problems. Also had him add a dedicated oil fill cap, because removing a braided hose to add oil would suck.

I think it looks much better too.

David

#7 ·
Yeah...I usually get kicked out after making the 1st full pass. Took it to drag race school last week and practiced staging and launching then letting off at the 60ft mark, tires went up in smoke everytime I came off the trans brake.

David

#12 ·
Alan,

It's an auto with a full manual VB and 2800 stall non locking converter. Those tires usually bite very good and were the same ones I let Chris Wise use at the Shootout to run a 10.6.

With 2 step set to 3300 I was launching with about 6 pounds of boost. I get full boost at around 4200 rpm and it currently set for 14.5-15.0 psi (street tune). I just don't think they prepped the track because most of the people participating were racing daily drivers on street tires. Next time I'll use the ET streets instead of the radials. This link has all the details on the car and several pictures.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=39

David

#17 ·
Mrk8 electric fan with DCC fan controller and a 3G alternator with upgraded wiring. Also using a Spal 14" pusher fan on the other side of the radiator.

David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.