TCCoA Forums banner

Search is not my friend!..

995 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  AnthraxBird 
#1 ·
So I've been through most of the threads and every time i read about someone having the sport rims they refer to a 15" rim size... mine are 16"..

First question is how WIDE the rim is?...

Second is how wide a tire I can put on them without rubbing?..

I plan on staggering sizes cuz I have tire hookups down here.. so I want wide as I can get safely on back and prolly just go stockers on the front... they were 225/60/16 when I bought the car... Here's a pic:

See less See more
#5 ·
Go to tirerack.com (or some place similiar) and pick/search a tire size, select "specs" and see what the recommended range is for that size.

#6 ·
255-40 is going to be way too short. Most do 245-50's on the sport rims even though they are about an inch shorter than stock. You can go wider to 255-50's but they look too pinched on the rim in my opinion.

-Miller

#7 ·
Yeah, I went to tire rack and the 255/50's were the smallest size I could find on the sidewall so Ima try it and see... If I didnt say it before I have the connection so if anything we can put them on drive a couple days and change if needed... Thank you guys for your help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.