TCCoA Forums banner

Power steering help

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Grog6 
#1 ·
My power steering hose blew about a montha ago and since it was snowing i had to bring it to a shop to get repaired, after informing me the car was done they told me that another line blew. They have been giving me the runaround with this line and they tell me they can not get the part and the part is not even availible anymore. i searched on this forum and found the elbow from an aftermarket compay. The shop said they ordered the part but it did not fit because it was the wrong size and that the size was not availible. Can someon please help me out with the part. I am not able to post pictures from the url, but i do have pictures i can email it is a powere steering elbow that come out of the rack.

#2 ·
I got one from the yard , with a discount since its so small . Your talking about the fitting on the rack correct?

I twisted that fitting trying to take the hose off , at the yard with the engines off its easy to get to.

#5 ·
my black 97, that is now a junk car due to a blown head gasket.
That's really rare in a 4.6; is it a 3.8 car?

If not, it's probably the intake gasket. A bunch of people failed them lately.

Best symptom is I had no water in the oil. But was losing coolant madly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.