TCCoA Forums banner

would a exhaust from a 92 5.0 fit my 97 4.8?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ThePrimerSuspect 
#1 ·
im talking about the front half, see my delima is i cut off my catalytic converters when they were clogging up, i bought new magnaflow converters part 99174hm, but i cant get the angles right to fit them in, my inspection is due in a few days so im wondering if i get the front half of the 92 exhaust and if i cut the cats off them with the pipe/flange would it be a direct fit. i just cant seem to get the right angle with the pipe that goes from the top of the converter into the exhhaust manifold flange.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/2593978864.html

#2 ·
That portion? No.

Be better to get the exhaust off a 4.6 in the yard (I presume you mean a 4.6, not a 4.8 ... since if it's a 4.8, there's a fair chance NO standard exhaust will fit!)

Behind the third cat? Sure, that's all pretty much interchangable (some combos better than others, but it'll interchange.)

Too bad you're over there - there's several 4.6L MN12s here you could scavage out of.

RwP

#5 ·
Hmm? The 92-up tanks are identical, so a 1992 5.0 exhaust will fit from 92 or 93.

My 91, OTOH, is the odd duck in the family.

RwP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.