TBird Offset - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

TBird Offset

Currently looking for set a rims along with everything else I have in my plans on what Im gonna do the my TBird anyways where are some good places or can anyone give me a run down of what will and will not work on a Tbird?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 07:48 PM

first of all.. (unless you want ricer looking rims or to pay out the ass to have them custom made) youll need to do a mustang hubswap as our coars run an odd bolt pattern (5 X 4.25)whereas nearly everything else runs on a 5 x 4.50 bolt pattern. when i got rims for my SC i went with a 36mm offset. ive seen alot of other people on the forum use the same offset as well.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 07:59 PM
6th Gear Poster

Did you try the custom wheel shop? I dont think you have to pay out the ass to have something made but you have to take your time finding what you want. It took me 6 months before i settled on mine.

'97 Lincoln Mark Viii LSC - Stock
'93 Ford Thunderbird - Splitport & M5r2
'64 Chevrolet Impala SS - Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

yeh I knew the Tbird had an oddball bolt pattern that's why I was aking, I thought about switching out hubs but how much of a job is it? seem like it'd be somethin simple enough. And yeh I went to custom wheels through the banner at the top. good looking wheels hard choice lol
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 11:29 PM
JPT
1st Gear Poster

I have a 94 Bird & was able to use 96 Mustang hubs/rotors on the front end & I had my real hubs/rotors redrilled. It cost me approx $200 for parts & labor, which was well worth it to me. What size wheels are you thinking of using? Take your time and see what others here are using and follow their lead as in size & offset. This will make your first set of wheels correct, saving you alot of headaches, lol. Best of luck, JPT.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

yeh the custom wheel shop is a very nice place the owner told me he was using the GT500 on his car and the 18x9.5 fit like a glove with the 32mm positive offset

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in