1993 Cobra Rims - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

1993 Cobra Rims

Does anyone know a good place to get 93 Cobra rims for a decent price? I'd really be interested in putting them on my 95 Bird, but would also like to know if it would cost more than it's worth because they would have to be drilled and bored, plus the rims themselves would be expensive just because of what they are. I am aware of this, but would still like some feedback.

I have been wanting to put them on a T-Bird for that past 5 years or so and I've seen at least one guy on here whose done it and I would dare say they look better than any after market rims out there.

Thanks!

1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 (stock for now!): Xenon Kit, Air Silencer removed, True Duals with Flowmaster 44's - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN - I will be back one day with another MN12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 11:45 PM
JPT
1st Gear Poster

I would suggest changing your bolt pattern to 5 x 4.50 on your bird. I just converted my front hubs to 94 mustang hub/rotors and it was real easy. For the back end, I had a friend drill out my hub/drums, the hardest part was taking the parts off. Best of luck, JPT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Does anyone know a good place to get 93 Cobra rims for a decent price? I'd really be interested in putting them on my 95 Bird, but would also like to know if it would cost more than it's worth because they would have to be drilled and bored, plus the rims themselves would be expensive just because of what they are. I am aware of this, but would still like some feedback.

I have been wanting to put them on a T-Bird for that past 5 years or so and I've seen at least one guy on here whose done it and I would dare say they look better than any after market rims out there.

Thanks!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 05:12 AM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPT View Post
I would suggest changing your bolt pattern to 5 x 4.50 on your bird. I just converted my front hubs to 94 mustang hub/rotors and it was real easy. For the back end, I had a friend drill out my hub/drums, the hardest part was taking the parts off. Best of luck, JPT.
That's still not going to help that the 93 Cobra wheels are 4-lug.

\,,/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 06:09 PM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

those wheels do look great on the bird, you'll need them redrilled to a 5 lug pattern mustang or bird. I'd go with the stang as it would free up any thoughts on rotors or brakes choices.

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 10:05 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to 5.0 bird
The corral is doing a GP for 5 lug cobras. Then all you would need to do is a hub swap.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=947814

Matt

1986 Cougar 5.0

1989 Mk VII LSC 5 speed (sold)

1992 Thunderbird Sport 5.0 (sold)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 02:18 PM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

free bump, if I had the money I'd definitely get in on this. These are the wheels the super coupe should have come with.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=947814

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

ok....so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splattered View Post
those wheels do look great on the bird, you'll need them redrilled to a 5 lug pattern mustang or bird. I'd go with the stang as it would free up any thoughts on rotors or brakes choices.
great info...thanks to everyone.

I am certainly planning on converting the rear brakes to disc, hopefully this summer, but will keep the stock rims, as I don't have the $$$ yet for the cobra rims, which I really want. Is doing the brakes upgrade first going to cause any future problems if I decide to do a hub swap? and what is a ballpark figure on converting the hubs?

1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 (stock for now!): Xenon Kit, Air Silencer removed, True Duals with Flowmaster 44's - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN - I will be back one day with another MN12
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 12:43 PM

stupid question and the links arent working for me so i cant see the pics.. but didnt the tbird come stock with these "93 cobra" rims? arent they the same as the 7 spoke fanblades all the other birds had but in a 4X4.50 bolt pattern?? forgive me for being stupid but im extremely pissed off and im not think right at the mo.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Boom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickysilvertbird View Post
stupid question and the links arent working for me so i cant see the pics.. but didnt the tbird come stock with these "93 cobra" rims? arent they the same as the 7 spoke fanblades all the other birds had but in a 4X4.50 bolt pattern?? forgive me for being stupid but im extremely pissed off and im not think right at the mo.
The fan blades on Birds were 15", the Cobras are 17" and wider as well...

TCCoABAMFC - Founding Member
Official Member of the TCCoA Evil Underground Moderator Conspiracy
TCCoA Gun Club

2003 Mach 1 - 4.6L DOHC V8/4R70W

1995 Cougar XR7 - PI 4.6L SOHC V8

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in