Wow, you guys werent kidding... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Wow, you guys werent kidding...

In my quest for a pair of 255/60-16s, I come up with a Kumho at a moderate price at tire rack, or 400 freakin dollars z rated avon....
Good God, I didnt realize this was gonna be such a task!! In this day I foolishly assumed there'd be a few manufacturers out there producing every possible size heard of, with the prolific number of rim sizes available....
I DONT WANNA BUY RIMS!!! lol Well,... Really, I do, but I havent perfected my money printing techniques yet, I've been too busy looking for TIRES THAT DONT EXIST!!!! lolfof 4 hunge seems a little much... I'm just worried the Kumho will be ugly in the weather extremes here in NY...
I wanna thank the 'staggered tire' guys again for all the help..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGainiac View Post
In my quest for a pair of 255/60-16s, I come up with a Kumho at a moderate price at tire rack, or 400 freakin dollars z rated avon....
Good God, I didnt realize this was gonna be such a task!! In this day I foolishly assumed there'd be a few manufacturers out there producing every possible size heard of, with the prolific number of rim sizes available....
I DONT WANNA BUY RIMS!!! lol Well,... Really, I do, but I havent perfected my money printing techniques yet, I've been too busy looking for TIRES THAT DONT EXIST!!!! lolfof 4 hunge seems a little much... I'm just worried the Kumho will be ugly in the weather extremes here in NY...
I wanna thank the 'staggered tire' guys again for all the help..
hey no problem bro glad i could help ya with what little i mightve done . btw.. i know it sounds stupid but i have a set of those z rated kumhos on my moms minivan..('08 hyundai entourage) and weve put 20k on them so far and had no problems what-so-ever id put kumhos on my car if i had the money.. but im stuck with.. i dont even know whats on there.. but its not anything brand name.. lol
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickysilvertbird View Post
hey no problem bro glad i could help ya with what little i mightve done . btw.. i know it sounds stupid but i have a set of those z rated kumhos on my moms minivan..('08 hyundai entourage) and weve put 20k on them so far and had no problems what-so-ever id put kumhos on my car if i had the money.. but im stuck with.. i dont even know whats on there.. but its not anything brand name.. lol
That's good news, Bro. I'm busted right now so the Kumhos look like my way out... Ive got 225 toyos on there right now an it handles ok for my kinda driving, I don't look to Drift or take a turn at 120, lol I just want to 'stick' a little better off the line and have a little taller 'stance' to the 'bird.
It breaks my heart to be so damn cheap to this car right now but I've got so much going on, I cant afford to put anything crazy into tires right now.... Z rated on Mom's mini, eh... Wanna Race??!???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGainiac View Post
Z rated on Mom's mini, eh... Wanna Race??!???
if you want to get you ass back in a match box.. then sure.. ive burried the speedo at 130 on this thing.. its ridiculous.. and you talk about torque steer... omg.. its a 3.8L V-6 with a cold air intake.. (i told her it would improve the mileage so she bought one and made me put it on.. lol) ive been trying to convince her to let me hack up the exhaust and put either a fart cannon on it or a dynomax bullet.. ever sen 3" exhaust on a minivan? it came with 2.5"
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickysilvertbird View Post
if you want to get you ass back in a match box.. then sure.. ive burried the speedo at 130 on this thing.. its ridiculous.. and you talk about torque steer... omg.. its a 3.8L V-6 with a cold air intake.. (i told her it would improve the mileage so she bought one and made me put it on.. lol) ive been trying to convince her to let me hack up the exhaust and put either a fart cannon on it or a dynomax bullet.. ever sen 3" exhaust on a minivan? it came with 2.5"
Does Mamma know what you do to the 'grocery getter'??!?? lol 130??!?? Youre gonna make Momma scary on the turnpike... I don't wanna tangle with Mamma, just want to get this 96 sport to plant when I hit the go pedal, and I REALLY want the 'stance' to be better over stock. I look at the side profile w/ the 225's an it's LAME... I gotta change it out this weekend... I cant STAND it.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in