my new wheels - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

my new wheels

well people's i found out the hard way about my bolt pattern. 5-4.25 is not the same as mustang so when i ordered my mach 1's they didnt fit go figure so now......... since i work for A machine shop ASP by the way. I'll be making myself a set of adapters 1" thick my question is " is that a safe enough thickness?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 04:57 PM
5th Gear Poster

With even 1" adapters the tires, especially the front,the tires will stick way out from the wheelwell. Do the hub swap, it's the only way to go.

94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 05:45 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to 94mncougar
Maybe a bad idea. . . but if you can redrill holes in that pattern, then couldn't you drill on the wheels themselves? I'd consider it if it had a center cap. . . but as previously mentioned a hub swap would work (and I would do this personally with those wheels).

Stephen

Winter mods included:
- Developing Rocker Rust
- Saggy Suspension - fixed!
- Chipped paint
- I'm sure more to come... TOTALED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 06:23 PM
PostWhore

or just sell them and buy the right rims

most people talk, but few are up for the moment
-where there's money and imagination, there's cool cars
ohhh the Junkyard , one man's trash is another man's treasure

1993 3.8L Tbird----sold
1994 4.6L Tbird----sold
1995 Mark VIII----sold
2004 Mustang GT----sold
2003 Mach 1----current
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 07:37 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to 94fastbird
adapters are not fun my buddy used them on hes tbird cause he had a set of cobra wheels he wanted to put on. he was racing and his wheel fell off. and yes everything was torqued down properly there really not worth having if ur into racing and taking corners fast and such it's just a accident waiting to happen

Current Mods:
balanced & blueprinted block. by my dad & I @ (The Engine Shop INC.) i'm running manley forged i beam rods, forged manely .020 16cc dish pistons, forged 8 bolt crankshaft thats been polished, corba high volume oil pump, block has been align bored & decked. ported and polished early production heads, heads have been milled, 3 angle valve grind, ported exhaust manifolds, gasket matched intake, dual inlet dual outlet dynomax turbo muffler underseat with 3inch turndowns. transmission heavy duty clutches, b&m shift kit, frrp t lock with 373.
Future Mods:
pi swap with some comp cams and the new trickflow intake, high stall torque converter and mark 8 drive shaft, kooks 3/4 lenth headers and xcal2
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94fastbird View Post
adapters are not fun my buddy used them on hes tbird cause he had a set of cobra wheels he wanted to put on. he was racing and his wheel fell off. and yes everything was torqued down properly there really not worth having if ur into racing and taking corners fast and such it's just a accident waiting to happen
thank you! i have been jumping up and down about this . people dont listen

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 10:51 PM
5th Gear Poster

where the circles are is where the wheel stud broke off. there was only 2 still in tact and the adapter who knows where it went. hes was racing a guy. took a turn fast and then started to notice a vibration then started to slow down. well the wheel came off at around 60mph. i would just do the hub swap. plus u'll have a bigger variety to choose from. if you get sick of those.

Current Mods:
balanced & blueprinted block. by my dad & I @ (The Engine Shop INC.) i'm running manley forged i beam rods, forged manely .020 16cc dish pistons, forged 8 bolt crankshaft thats been polished, corba high volume oil pump, block has been align bored & decked. ported and polished early production heads, heads have been milled, 3 angle valve grind, ported exhaust manifolds, gasket matched intake, dual inlet dual outlet dynomax turbo muffler underseat with 3inch turndowns. transmission heavy duty clutches, b&m shift kit, frrp t lock with 373.
Future Mods:
pi swap with some comp cams and the new trickflow intake, high stall torque converter and mark 8 drive shaft, kooks 3/4 lenth headers and xcal2
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 11:01 PM
5th Gear Poster

nevermind the adapter is still intact on the wheel

Current Mods:
Future Mods:
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 02:37 PM
5th Gear Poster

How is it the fault of the wheel adapter?
Are you saying a high lateral load was the main contributor?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in