cudaz - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

cudaz

any new wheel in the works, what wheel do you have in stock, Website is down so can look
________
vapir no2

Last edited by MRCYCOUG; 01-28-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 03:31 AM
TCCoA Wheel Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to cudaz101
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCYCOUG View Post
any new wheel in the works, what wheel do you have in stock, Website is down so can look
Yea sorry about the website. But its gonna be sooooo much better when we get done. =) Im pretty excited about it.

The new wheel coming available in March is the Euromax612 in a Super Dark Gunmetal finish 18X9. Gonna be a really nice wheel.

In stock right now is as follows:

17X9 03Cobra in Polished finish
18X9 Saleen Speedstar in Chrome
18X9/10 Staggered Bullet sets in a Charcoal center w/deep machined lip

Hit me up on my [email protected] email for photos, etc...

Cheers

Brad

1990 & 1994 SC's
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 11:53 AM
1st Gear Poster

Cudaz101-- Is there any way to get a set of wheels in a different offset? I am looking to get Cobra R's, black center 5X4.5 (114.3), 18X9 front with a 20mm offset. 18X10 rear with -19 offset (yes, negative 19). This is not going on a Bird, Cat, or Mark.

06 [email protected] The Maxton Mile 184.2 MPH--setup for the street.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 03:26 PM
2nd Gear Poster

What is maintenance like on a polished finish? Am I going to have to clean them every time I drive the car? Are there special cleaning products you recommend?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
That's up to you if you want to clean them every time you drive the car. I use mild soap and water on mine with a soft rag to remove the road grime and brake dust. It's not that big a deal.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 06:40 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Thanks. That's good to know. I can't decide on what style. I've been looking at 98 Cobra R, 03 Cobra and a 6 spoke type. I don't like the factory 5 blade "salad shooter" rims. They look like Pontiac hub caps to me! Anyway, the car had brand new tires on when I bought it, so I have time to decide and save up the $.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 06:45 PM
TCCoA Wheel Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Duffy View Post
Cudaz101-- Is there any way to get a set of wheels in a different offset? I am looking to get Cobra R's, black center 5X4.5 (114.3), 18X9 front with a 20mm offset. 18X10 rear with -19 offset (yes, negative 19). This is not going on a Bird, Cat, or Mark.
The short answer is No...I have not seen a Replica with a high reverse offset. Im not sure it can even be done with the cast tooling that is in place.

The best option in my opinion would be to go with a 2 or 3pc wheel in a similar style and build it to your needed specs.

Brad

1990 & 1994 SC's
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Tbird4.6 View Post
Thanks. That's good to know. I can't decide on what style. I've been looking at 98 Cobra R, 03 Cobra and a 6 spoke type. I don't like the factory 5 blade "salad shooter" rims. They look like Pontiac hub caps to me! Anyway, the car had brand new tires on when I bought it, so I have time to decide and save up the $.
A good set of rims, tires, mounting, balancing, and lugs will run you around $1,400 to $1,500

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 08:09 AM
3rd Gear Poster

firestone

just got my 03 cobra's from brad, placed on my 95 mark lsc and Firestone tires charged me around $136 to mount,balance and placed my tires from another set of rims to the new 03 cobra's. ive already got the new lugs from the old set of tires. i would check them out when you decide to buy new rims, they seemed to be the most reasonable price out their.

regards,
ramon

Last edited by bgck7; 02-05-2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: clarification
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 08:39 AM
2nd Gear Poster

Trunk Monkey, That's some serious $ for me, probably going to take me awhile. I check the parts for sale section of the forum too. Never know what's going to show up there.

bgck7, I'm pretty picky when it comes to mounting and balancing. I just got a tire replaced on my stock wheels. The kid who changed the tire at the last shop I went to didn't take the weight off and put a scratch almost the whole way around my factory rim while it was spinning on the tire machine. I'll have to check with my local Firestone.

Thanks guys, Sean.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 11:46 AM
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaz101 View Post
The short answer is No...I have not seen a Replica with a high reverse offset. Im not sure it can even be done with the cast tooling that is in place.

The best option in my opinion would be to go with a 2 or 3pc wheel in a similar style and build it to your needed specs.

Brad
So what do you think about the billet aluminum wheel adapters that keep the bolt pattern but space the wheel out? I need 1.5 inches to fill the wheel well, and to get the width the same as the front suspension.

06 [email protected] The Maxton Mile 184.2 MPH--setup for the street.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
Are you going to have any FR500s made up this year?

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 07:51 PM
TCCoA Wheel Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Duffy View Post
So what do you think about the billet aluminum wheel adapters that keep the bolt pattern but space the wheel out? I need 1.5 inches to fill the wheel well, and to get the width the same as the front suspension.
I would not sell them nor would I run them on anything that I have regardless of what Im doing with the car. But thats just me. I made my best suggestion for your solution above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
Are you going to have any FR500s made up this year?
If you look back you will see that I built this wheel and it was kicked back from production because of quality/safety issues with the bolt pattern pocket area of the wheel. So this wheel simply cant be made in our bolt pattern unless they build a specific mold for our bolt pattern which is not going to happen. Pretty saddening really...But there are too many wheel styles out there that look just as good IMO.

Cheers

Brad

1990 & 1994 SC's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in