Wheel question - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Wheel question

Hey guys I have a question and I hope someone will be able to give me an answer So I bought the Bird about 4 months ago and the guy who sold it to me gave me 4 extra wheels, right now I have these on my car (not mine) http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0002_large.jpg .. Anyways I tought they made nice winter wheels so I kept them on but now the sun is out and I wanted to put the wheels the guy gave to me but they have spacers and they feel INCREDIBLY light and Im kinda of scare theyll break or something lol .. I have been looking for a pic of them on google for the past 30 minutes but couldnt find a pic of them so if someone knows about the wheels Im talkig about coudl you please tell me what theyre made of and are those safe? I have a 97T-BIRD SPRT (limited edition?) if that can help.. Thank you !! (I know a pic would probably help but wont have my cam till this weekend)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
The wheels in the picture are the stock Sport rims.

There were no "winter wheels" made by Ford for our cars. It would help if you:

a) used the comma "," and period "." keys to separate your ideas and phrases throughout your post. I found your post very hard to read and understand, and is probably why you have not gotten any replies so far.

b) Post a picture of the wheels you are referring to. It's hard to identify a wheel that has no name or description tied to it.

-Brandon
97 Laser Red Thunderbird LX 162k, Stage 2 4.6L 2v N/A | 300 BHP (255 RWHP, 290 RWTQ) | 13.95 @ 97.58 | Build details | Pics at the Lorain Assembly plant
98 Black Mark VIII 160k, stock daily driver
07 Redfire Fusion V6 SEL 178k, for the wife
Gone but not forgotten: 96 Mark VIII, 94 Cougar XR7, 93 Mark VIII

TCCoA's resident pilot since 2014
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the world with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 10:06 AM
6th Gear Poster

i guess i read it just fine...
he has the sport wheels and another set but he's been using the sport wheels for winter driving and now that the snow is gone he would like to put on the other set for the summer but they came with spacers and he's wondering if its okay to run with the spacers.

And my suggestion would be not to. Do you know the bolt pattern of the wheels you wanna put on? they are prob 5x4.5 which is the reason for the spacer...best thing to do would prob a a hub swap.

Pics would help tremendously!
hope that helps alittle.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM..........MMM..........MMMMMMMMMMMMM
.......MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........
MMMMM........................................

THUNDERBIRD: because everyone else drives a mustang.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theterminator93 View Post
The wheels in the picture are the stock Sport rims.

There were no "winter wheels" made by Ford for our cars. It would help if you:

a) used the comma "," and period "." keys to separate your ideas and phrases throughout your post. I found your post very hard to read and understand, and is probably why you have not gotten any replies so far.

b) Post a picture of the wheels you are referring to. It's hard to identify a wheel that has no name or description tied to it.
I know they're sports rims but I use them as winter rims like I said. 2nd point, I don't have a picture if I did I wouldn't of wasted my time typing and would of simply posted a picture. 3rd point, you probably don't know but I try to do my best as English is my 4th language so please give me a break on the english class bro. I was going to put them on tomorrow since I'm off that's the reason why I was asking if they were safe or not. Anyways thanks for trying to reply to my question.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice217 View Post
i guess i read it just fine...
he has the sport wheels and another set but he's been using the sport wheels for winter driving and now that the snow is gone he would like to put on the other set for the summer but they came with spacers and he's wondering if its okay to run with the spacers.

And my suggestion would be not to. Do you know the bolt pattern of the wheels you wanna put on? they are prob 5x4.5 which is the reason for the spacer...best thing to do would prob a a hub swap.

Pics would help tremendously!
hope that helps alittle.
That pretty much sums it up. I'm not sure what bolt pattern they are, but I do know they're from Ford, I don't know why they would sell dangerous stuff like that? One of my friend told me the wheel could either break or fall off lol. Just wanted to confirm that, thank you sir. I will try to post a picture of them tomorrow.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 10:35 AM
6th Gear Poster

well if they are ford wheels and have spacers on them to fit your bird, id guess that they are mustang wheels which would be the 5x4.5. its pretty common to see people put mustang wheels on birds.

Some people do it the cheap way with spacers (Risky)
Some people do it the RIGHT way with a hub swap (Done Deal)

MMMMMMMMMMMMM..........MMM..........MMMMMMMMMMMMM
.......MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........
MMMMM........................................

THUNDERBIRD: because everyone else drives a mustang.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 11:15 PM
TCCoA Wheel Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to cudaz101
Ice I think you are thinking of the Lug conversion adapters, by their nature they do push the wheel position out ALOT but I would not define them as a spacer. The other wheels that use spacers could very well have our 5-108MM bolt pattern and just had too high of an offset and required spacers. Im not a fan of spacers but thats another discusion.

If they are extremely light weight then they could be drag wheels. Take a damn picture...lol

Brad

1990 & 1994 SC's
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 12:39 PM

terminator, i think you should take your rules elsewhere. i am sure montreal knows how to write just fine. but this is a forum, not english class. so cool it.

anyways, back to montreal's question...i'm going to have to agree with ice217 on this one.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaz101 View Post
Ice I think you are thinking of the Lug conversion adapters, by their nature they do push the wheel position out ALOT but I would not define them as a spacer. The other wheels that use spacers could very well have our 5-108MM bolt pattern and just had too high of an offset and required spacers. Im not a fan of spacers but thats another discusion.

If they are extremely light weight then they could be drag wheels. Take a damn picture...lol

Brad
http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ211554324
Heres a pic I took them from my Freestar sorry for the quality
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 01:55 AM
TCCoA Wheel Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to cudaz101
yea they are just a high offset wheel that required spacers. Run them if ya dig them. Look the spacers over carefully for fractures before you bolt them on though.

Looks like they are up for sale though??

1990 & 1994 SC's
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaz101 View Post
yea they are just a high offset wheel that required spacers. Run them if ya dig them. Look the spacers over carefully for fractures before you bolt them on though.

Looks like they are up for sale though??
Yeah I'm going to put them on this weekend. I like them they don't have that *wagon wheel* thing going on. No not for sale I put them on that site because I had a hard time posting a picture on here for whatever reason. I think I'll never find out from what car they are from though nobody seems to know including the guy at Ford .. hehe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in