Looking for tires... Help? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Looking for tires... Help?

So the birds on smooth skins and there's snow on the ground... I need to find a decent all season tire that can take a beating come spring. the size is 225-60-16 98H on the front. I had the bridgestone potenza g009 on the front and I LOVE them. So now comes the time to find a tire that is going to respond like that did. I was looking at fuzion HRi but from what everyone here says about the ZRi I am thinking against them. I know up front I am going to get 98H tires but out back i could go to a 97 do to them not lasting more than a year thanks to the J-mod. Douglass, tempest, national, uniroyal are all tires i run away from. Had a set of national xt4000's fail and totaled my first mn-12 because of it. I'm not looking to drop a small mint on tires but i know it's not going to be cheap. Also has anyone used the Sumitomo HTR A/S P01 (H&V) (High Performance All-Season tires) on the mn-12? The ratings are Size: 225/60R16 Sidewall Style: Blackwall Serv. Desc: 98HLoad Index 98 = 1653lbs (750kg) per tire Speed Rating "H" = 130mph (210kph) UTQG: Treadwear: 480 Traction: A Temperature: A 480 A A for 70$ a tire i figured i would ask what you all think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 11:33 AM
PostWhore

You seem to have a couple tires in mind, but are you looking for a true all-season tire, or more of a wet weather tire? What's your primary type of driving (city/hwy)? I put on a set of General all-season radials and after 20K, they looked brand new. Handled great in the snow and rain. I had a buddy who has the Dunlop Graspic DS-3 on his SC and they handle very well.

89 Cougar XR-7...slightly modded, 240 rwhp / 340 rwtq, Best time as of 4/22/12 = 13.11 @ 103.82, 1.78 60'
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

If i had the money and a second set of rims i would just get cheap snows now and toyo's for the summer. LOL She's a daily driver and i drive very very very spiritedly. My drive is split 50/50. All i know is that i push the car hard in the corners and that's where the nationals failed with less than 10K on them. How are the dunlop graspic DS-3's in the snow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 11:49 AM
PostWhore

excellent from what I've seen.

89 Cougar XR-7...slightly modded, 240 rwhp / 340 rwtq, Best time as of 4/22/12 = 13.11 @ 103.82, 1.78 60'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in