Im confused....as usual - TCCoA Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: United States
Age: 39
Posts: 53
Send a message via Yahoo to hrdfrntr95
Question Im confused....as usual

Ok.....i bought a set of wheels for my car from a guy that was takin' them off of his hotrod ('53 Chevy with a 8.8 Lincoln rear). Figured they'd fit my 94 bird. WRONG .....the rims r 5x4.5 and 5x4.75.....anyways....been reading on here what rims have the 5x4.25 pattern with a 32-40mm offset.

Isn't that offset a fwd offset??

What rims actually fit with no spacers needed?

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 06-18-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Fix spelling and/or typos
hrdfrntr95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012, 08:08 PM
PostWhore
 
conversion02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sycamore/DeKalb, IL
Age: 35
Posts: 1,129
5x4.25" (aka 5x108mm). Offset is 36mm I believe.

89 Cougar XR-7...slightly modded, 240 rwhp / 340 rwtq, Best time as of 4/22/12 = 13.11 @ 103.82, 1.78 60'
conversion02 is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Seasoned PostWhore
 
dDUBb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nor-Cal
Age: 38
Posts: 4,090
Garage
The 4.75" is the Chevy bolt pattern .. 4.5" must have been off a Mark 7 with a Solid Axle.
dDUBb is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: United States
Age: 39
Posts: 53
Send a message via Yahoo to hrdfrntr95
Im lookin at a set off a volvo now. Ameeican racing pro comps. 17s 5*108 with 40mm offset. Will these fit???
hrdfrntr95 is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 07:37 PM
PostWhore
 
conversion02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sycamore/DeKalb, IL
Age: 35
Posts: 1,129
It's so dumb that bolt patterns are different for cars of the same damn manufacturer. Seriously, wtf?

89 Cougar XR-7...slightly modded, 240 rwhp / 340 rwtq, Best time as of 4/22/12 = 13.11 @ 103.82, 1.78 60'
conversion02 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator
 
XR7-4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Roselle IL
Posts: 16,516
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by conversion02 View Post
It's so dumb that bolt patterns are different for cars of the same damn manufacturer. Seriously, wtf?
Well it's easy to forget that, besides the Panther based cars(which were initially due for termination well before the end of the 80s)and Fox Lincolns, Ford only used 4 lugs in the 4 x 108 pattern across the car lineup. When the Taurus came out it used the same lug spacing as the 4 but with an extra lug to create the 5 x 108, same, obviously with the MN12. The prolonged life of the Panther and cobbling together of the Fox to create the SN95 muddied the waters.

-Matt
XR7-4.6 is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 10:43 PM
6th Gear Poster
 
Platoribs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Streamwood, IL
Age: 61
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR7-4.6 View Post
Well it's easy to forget that, besides the Panther based cars(which were initially due for termination well before the end of the 80s)and Fox Lincolns, Ford only used 4 lugs in the 4 x 108 pattern across the car lineup. When the Taurus came out it used the same lug spacing as the 4 but with an extra lug to create the 5 x 108, same, obviously with the MN12. The prolonged life of the Panther and cobbling together of the Fox to create the SN95 muddied the waters.
And Muddy Waters sang the Blues...


Platoribs House of SHO
95 SHO MTX 73K grn/tan
93 SHO MTX 175K blu/blk
92 SC M5R2 98K Red/Grey tweed ->Blk Cloth SC
89 SC M5R2 112K Blu/Blk Shiny Cobra's! *coming out party, May 20th 2012* Now with moar suspension, brakes and slave cylinder...
91 SC M5R2 100K blk/blk tweed building
86 Mercedes-Benz 300e
Platoribs is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 05:56 AM
TCCoA Wheel Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Pullman, Washington
Age: 51
Posts: 985
Send a message via Yahoo to cudaz101
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdfrntr95 View Post
Ok.....i bought a set of wheels for my car from a guy that was takin' them off of his hotrod ('53 Chevy with a 8.8 Lincoln rear). Figured they'd fit my 94 bird. WRONG .....the rims r 5x4.5 and 5x4.75.....anyways....been reading on here what rims have the 5x4.25 pattern with a 32-40mm offset.

Isn't that offset a fwd offset??

What rims actually fit with no spacers needed?


www.thecustomwheelshop.com

1990 & 1994 SC's
cudaz101 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome