Anson slot wheels - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Anson slot wheels

I like the old school wheels far more then the(they look alike wheels) on today's market.I know bolt patterns are different then they were in the 70's,anyone know if wheel adapters will allow me to run old shool wheels?
Tks
Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 06:22 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
I'm not sure how goofy your car will look with the offsets these wheels come in but vintage wheels seem to be 5x4.75 bolt pattern.
http://www.akhwheels.com/pages/inventory.php?cat=1

5x4.25 to 5x4.75: this can't be a good idea.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-WHEEL-ADAP...4e0a3c&vxp=mtr

It is possible to convert 93+ spindles (like what you have) from 5x4.25 to 5x4.5 bolt pattern by pressing in Mustang Hubs.
Q: Can you find replica wheels that would better suit your tastes?http://members.tccoa.com/dlf/Article.html

-g

My TCCOA iTrader Rating: (44 / 100% w/ 50+ transactions)

24 Hours of Lemons 2017 Sear Pointless Organizer's Choice
2018 Upgrade: does your TBIRD make Fritos? Mine does
http://goo.gl/csaet4
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 06:33 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Garage
The first question I would ask is what vehicle did the wheels come off of originally?
Second, I would ask, what is the bolt pattern of that vehicle?
Third, can you find "spacers" or "adapters" that allow you to run that lug pattern on our thunderbirds?
Fourth, (because the other questions simply answer if they will bolt on) is what is the backspacing of these wheels you are looking to run? The reason I ask this is because the MN12 platform, and most all modern passenger vehicles (save for some trucks and SUV's) have a moderate to high positive offset (backspace 60-90% width of the wheel) which normally means the hubs are further out on the vehicle and the wheels themselves extend further inwards toward the car than out and away from the hub. Older wheels have a tendency of having a low positive, zero, or negative offset (backspace 35-55% width of the wheel) and stick out very far from the hub. Knowing whether they will bolt on and whether they will fit is the difference between this:

and this:

The simple answer, without going into too much detail, is that old style wheels, plus the width of adapters will make your car look like the Toyota Previa posted above. If you can find some old school wheels you like that have a high or moderate positive offset (+30-+50mm) or large backspace (75-90% width of wheel) then it should look more like the sexy T-Bird posted above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the info,i know my bird has a offset as the old style didn't have a offset.For sure dont want the wheels to stick out,can always get the reversed wheels to take the tire inwards.Love the duck tail on your bird,did you buy that or custom make it?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 06:43 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Garage
Sorry, but that was just a photo I pulled off of google. Fairly sure it was sourced from either this site or sccoa, but not 100% sure...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in