Opinions on how these would look on my Bird... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Opinions on how these would look on my Bird...

These are the factory 18s off of my Mustang. They are currently just sitting in my garage attic (tireless) as I was never able to find anyone that wanted to buy them. With the plan to do the Mustang hub and Cobra brake swap sometime this year, I thought about using these and that would save on buying some new wheels (which if I did, I'd probably go with FR500s or the Anniversary '04 Cobra wheels).

Here's my car for reference:

Yay or nay?

1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6- 20% tint, removed air silencer and not much else! (Mustang hubs, Cobra brakes, Vogtland springs, Mark VIII LCAs, Sport shocks and more waiting to be installed)

2013 DIB GT 301A 6-speed- 15% tint, Kooks 1 7/8 mid lengths, off-road x and cat back, Barton 2-post bracket, JPC clutch line, Koni Yellows, Maximum Motorsports C/C plates, BMR K-member, A-arms, UCA & Mount, LCAs and relo brackets, Steeda Ultralites and PHB, Shaftmasters DS, Brembo wheels- Tuned by AED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Other than removing the Mustang center cap, I think they would look good on an MN12.

MikeB
1997 Thunderbird Sport
5.0L-2V PI S/C
540 RWHP / 492 RWTQ
11.28 @ 123 MPH
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 03:36 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Nice rare paint color on that bird. Do a hub swap and go for it

2015 Mustang GT Premium / Manual / 3.55 / Recaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 05:55 PM
PostWhore

They would look good but I like the rims you have on there already, that is one clean bird!

1996 Ford Thunderbird LX - 80K miles, 4.6L Auto, 2nd owner
Mostly stock except for tint, stereo, SC ground effects, and wheels/tires
--> My most recent pics <--
I'm documenting some of my MN12 stuff @ MN12Tech
- Door Hinge/Bushing Replacement
- Ford 4.6L Vacuum Hose Replacement How-To
- T-Bird DIY Cheap Headlight Restoration
- Multifunction Switch Replacement
- How To Bleed Teves ABS Brakes
- How To Remove Front Plate Bracket
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

It looks pretty good from 10 feet away Thanks guys. It's the original color but it's had a shoddy repaint done by the previous owners; I've since removed the pinstripe. The window moldings are killing me too

1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6- 20% tint, removed air silencer and not much else! (Mustang hubs, Cobra brakes, Vogtland springs, Mark VIII LCAs, Sport shocks and more waiting to be installed)

2013 DIB GT 301A 6-speed- 15% tint, Kooks 1 7/8 mid lengths, off-road x and cat back, Barton 2-post bracket, JPC clutch line, Koni Yellows, Maximum Motorsports C/C plates, BMR K-member, A-arms, UCA & Mount, LCAs and relo brackets, Steeda Ultralites and PHB, Shaftmasters DS, Brembo wheels- Tuned by AED
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 10:58 PM
4th Gear Poster

Yay.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 04:48 AM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_6 View Post
It looks pretty good from 10 feet away Thanks guys. It's the original color but it's had a shoddy repaint done by the previous owners; I've since removed the pinstripe. The window moldings are killing me too
Nice car! By "pinstripe" do you mean the plastic door strip half way down the skin, or is there a pinstripe painted on that I can't see? I've been looking for a second hand door moulding strip for a while....

"...put me on a highway, show me a sign, and take it to the limit one more time"

The Eagles

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2149821

RIP Dutch T-Bird (Robert Hendriks) 1970-2012 No doubt looking down on us from his low-riding T-Bird in the sky.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

If you look closely in that pic, there is a pinstripe right above the upper body line. Luckily it wasn't painted on so I peeled it off.

The drivers body side molding was loose when I got the car. I was gonna pull them off but they were removing the paint with them so that was a no go. Wound up fixing it with liquid nails, lol.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 08:28 AM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_6 View Post
If you look closely in that pic, there is a pinstripe right above the upper body line. Luckily it wasn't painted on so I peeled it off.

The drivers body side molding was loose when I got the car. I was gonna pull them off but they were removing the paint with them so that was a no go. Wound up fixing it with liquid nails, lol.
Ah ok. I thought that might have been what you meant.

"...put me on a highway, show me a sign, and take it to the limit one more time"

The Eagles

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2149821

RIP Dutch T-Bird (Robert Hendriks) 1970-2012 No doubt looking down on us from his low-riding T-Bird in the sky.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in