Can anyone identify these wheels? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Can anyone identify these wheels?

I recently just purchased another SC and was wondering if anyone with a keen eye for wheels could point me in the right direction towards something similar at the very least?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 08:47 PM
̇

Garage
Those are 20" "Extra Uranus" wheels with 255/35/20 tires..

Good luck finding these wheels stateside..That car is in Slovenia..

The closest wheel I could find stylewise is the HRE 590RS Wheels..

Except you can't get them in chrome..

An acceptable substitute might be the American Muscle Ford GT Supercar knockoffs..

Rayo..

1991 Ford Thunderbird Sport

"If you don't know where you're going..Any road will take you there." George Harrison
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 11:38 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
The Ford GT wheels don't look even close to those

More info on the car: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...lovenia-Europe

-Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Ah well....damn...slovania is a long way to go for some wheels. I found a suitable replacement in the Verde Kaos wheels. Quick question though, the wheels are 18x8'' which seems like it would fill up the well fairly nicely. 245/45/r18 shouldnt be a problem...the question is...if I went with 18x8'' all around and kept it at 245/45/r18 on all 4 corners to make life easier having rotatable wheels, but would 245's look too small in the back?

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 01:09 AM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
245s are perfect for an 8" wheel, how it looks from the back is subjective, stock varies between 205 and 225 so they'll look bigger no matter what. IMO offset is far more important. Stock is 39mm and frankly that's too much and any tall wheel/low profile tire combo looks bow legged with it, on an 8" wheel an offset of around 30mm looks way better due to the slight increase in track width and being near flush with the fenders.

-Matt
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 03:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR7-4.6 View Post
245s are perfect for an 8" wheel, how it looks from the back is subjective, stock varies between 205 and 225 so they'll look bigger no matter what. IMO offset is far more important. Stock is 39mm and frankly that's too much and any tall wheel/low profile tire combo looks bow legged with it, on an 8" wheel an offset of around 30mm looks way better due to the slight increase in track width and being near flush with the fenders.

perfect, last Thunderbird I owned I had a set of 35th anniversary salad shooters on them so I didnt have to worry about sizing. Thanks a bunch!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 09:58 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Those wheels look similar to ADR Wheels also. I've thought about going with that style of wheel also.
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...XStOUcyEd6mtH4

If you Fail to plan, then you plan to Fail!
I'll forever bleed Ford Blue

Drae
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 06:19 PM
̇

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draetech09
Those wheels look similar to ADR Wheels also. I've thought about going with that style of wheel also.
You can find several manufacturers making wheels that look like that..I'd imagine the foundries in China use that same mold for different companies..

Quote:
The Ford GT wheels don't look even close to those
Those were the first wheels that popped in my head when the OP posed the question to us..I actually kind of like those Ford GT knockoffs..(*in chrome)

Rayo..

"If you don't know where you're going..Any road will take you there." George Harrison
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 06:29 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
I like them too, but there's no mistaking what is essentially a split 5 spoke design with a lacy spoke design to me

-Matt
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

Man Im having a real hard time finding wheels with a 30mm offset with our bolt patterns. you got any leads to point me in the right direction?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 07:48 AM
̇

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEssCee View Post
Man Im having a real hard time finding wheels with a 30mm offset with our bolt patterns. you got any leads to point me in the right direction?
My problem is I like my wheels to tuck a little..So I prefer wheels with a higher positive offset..

After considering the Mustang Hub Swap..That idea quickly faded once I realized there is almost no wheels available in that bolt pattern with a higher positive offset..

So..I'm stuck with the MN12 bolt pattern..

Rayo..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in