TCCoA Forums banner

17x8s on all 4 wheels

6K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  ryano39hara 
#1 ·
Sorry to put up another will this wheel fit post but i haven't seen many people running this size wheel specifically. Seems like most people running 17s are either 7/7.5 wide or 9 wide. Im not sure if that has to do with clearance issues or if its just not common. Im confused about it cause ive seen things on here about have rubbing issues with 7.5 wide upfront but ive also seen people running 9s in the front... I really want to run a staggered setup with the 17x8 front and 17x9 or 10 in back but the wheels im interested in only go to 8 wide.

#2 ·
Yes, they'll fit. It's all about the offset. I run 18x9 with a 35mm offset, and they fit perfectly. No rubbing. So, if you had an inch narrower wheel, and the same offset, you'll have more internal and external clearance. Not saying that's the ideal offset for a 17x8 (I'm not sure), but it will fit.

#3 ·
The wheels ive been looking at i believe have 45 offset but another site said 35. They're the Konig "tweak'd" wheels they were recently discontinued, i wanted to go American but with our bolt pattern the options are definitely limited without spending more than 600 a wheel.. If i run a 45 tall tire on those im still going to have quite a bit of wheel gap left correct? Prefer more tire if i can fit but going up to 50 tall the options started to dwindle. Much like wheel options when you enter our bolt pattern?

#9 ·
Still not sure what you guys mean exactly will the wheels look cambered in or something? Dont fully understand offset i guess. But if that offset is to high then the wheel hunt begins again, i like the wheels ive seen others use from the bullitt mustang are those in the stock bolt pattern or do they require hub conversion.

#8 ·
17x9 wont fit on the front end with late model spindles ( 93+ ) .. different offset for the early model, or you'll need spacers. This is where offset really becomes critical, so be sure to get them fit up correctly if you want to run a wider wheel up front.

#13 ·
The problem is on your end; the link in the tires/wheels section works just fine.

#16 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.