got the Yokohama AVS db S2's ....great! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-06-2003, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Smile got the Yokohama AVS db S2's ....great!

I never knew that good/new tires can make such a difference..
I've been running on pretty badly worn and noisy overpriced s-rated Michelin symmetry's, and for the last few months I've been sliding over every little puddle, and sqeaking.

Today I got the ne w Yokohama AVS Decibel S2 (225/60/16)put on:

$97 a tire at tire rack, W-rated, tempA and traction A

...and what a difference: quiet, smooth, and such great handling...the vibe I had at 40mph and 65 mph is GONE!
They handle great, even in rain, when taking curves fast. The car even feels like it's faster 'cause the tires are so stable, and roll easily. I drive in a very "decent" fashion normally, but today I felt like driving like a mad man!(and I did)...these tires are supposed to be the quietest ultra high performance all season tires Yokohama ever madc, and i can really testify to that...up to 65 mph i can hear absolutely NO road noise...after that, minimal.

I had the mounting place use the Hunter GSP9700 machine, and they balanced them well. I also told the about matching the yellow spot to the valve stem etc.

However, I didn't get the alignment done yet, 'cause my front inner tie rods have to be replaced. The old tires made me think there was a lot more wrong with my suspension. with the Yoko's I can feel only 5% of the harshness I felt with my old tires. With tie rods and alignment, and rear irs bushings, I hope it will ride like new again.

....I can highly recommend these tires to anyone.
Sorry for the long post...just wanted to share the happiness of bird getting new shoes-))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 09:56 PM
PostWhore

I had a set of the original AVS db tires and I wasn't impressed with them. The fact that they were so quiet was actually a problem for me--they didn't make any noise as they approached their limits, so my first clue they were losing grip was when the rear end started to come around. No sir, I didn't like it, I didn't like it at all. That and I only got 17,000 miles out of those tires. But, those were the older db tires, and I hope the new ones really are better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in