BFG SCorcher TA's (?'s) - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to 94SC
BFG SCorcher TA's (?'s)

Is anyone on here runnin BFG Scorcher TA's? I just bought a set and was just curious as to how they are overall? Do they hook up good? Any wheel hop? Any info is appriciated. Thanks

Jay

1994 Ford Thunderbird SC
Tri-State Thunderbird & Cougar Club
R.I.P. Brian M. Klein
Dec. 24, 1985 - March 25, 2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Refrigerator Raider Hater

Wheel hop wouldn't be the fault of the tire.

Matt "Looks Like Egon" Davis
96 Alpine Green V8
98 Audi A8 4.2Q in Racing Green Totalled
02 Audi A8L 4.2Q in Black

I buy my OEM Ford parts at 10% over dealer cost from Steve in White Bear Lake, MN.
You drive "like a man possessed"... by a woman!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 03:48 PM
PostWhore

Ron DiPaola over on SCCoA has had them for a few years on his SC. They were one of the only choices in 245-50-17 when he was buying tires then. I believe he's been pretty happy with them, other than the ghey blue stripe in the tread. All-black ones weren't available back then.

cheers,
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

95 T-Bird SC 5-speed -- SOLD!!
88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed
07 Mustang GT 5-speed with some stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 07:30 PM
6th Gear Poster

i've owned a set, and they suck ***. as for the 245/50-17 being the only available option, spend the extra cash and get the michelin pilot sport a/s's.....scorchers are 'pseudo' performance tires, they are made to look cool and liek they handle well, when in reality, they suck. they are cheap for a reason.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 09:47 PM
PostWhore

Another choice in that size is the Dunlop SP5000 ... a decent medium priced tire.

cheers,
Ed N.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 10:58 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to chrisnack
Dunlop SP9000s are good. Eagle F1's are awesome. Potenze S-03 or whatever it is now. Potenze RE750.

A dedicated summer tires (UHP or MAX performance) is going ot outperform anything under it.

Really depends on how much you want to spend. And what size you are trying to find. Tbirds have some crappy sizes in my opinoin (to retain stock height)

NSN Motorsports
http://www.nsnmotorsports.com
"Fordless" - But I do have alot of Mercon V laying around...
'96 Eagle Talon ESI

Parts ---> Dan Newman - Town & Country Ford - 800-847-2047
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 4 Cam Bird
An 18" wheel really makes it easier to retain stock height. That was really the sole purpose for putting 18's in the back of my car, I already put 4.10's in and didn't feel the need to get more gear reduction effect from the tires. I am running the F1's and love them. If you don't have gears in your car, you might as well get a shorter tire, your speedo won't be that far off and the gear reduction effect won't hurt you at all. I have heard lots of good things about the Potenza S-03 Pole Positions. I believe Bridgestone makes that and the RE750 that was mentioned and the S-03 is the superior tire of those two.

If you don't want to spend that must though, seriously, a shorter tire won't hurt you and looking at 45 sereis tires will expand your horizons emensely.

Former owner of 94 Bird with DOHC 4.6L swapped from a mark VIII

2011 CTS-V Wagon
1968 Torino was an original 289, C4, fully documented numbers matching car. Now: DOHC 4.6L/T-56 swapped, Cobra intake, IMRC delete, BBK long tubes and H pipe. Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, 9" rear with TrueTrac and 4.11's.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 11:35 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to chrisnack
Quote:
Originally posted by 4 Cam Bird
An 18" wheel really makes it easier to retain stock height. That was really the sole purpose for putting 18's in the back of my car, I already put 4.10's in and didn't feel the need to get more gear reduction effect from the tires. I am running the F1's and love them. If you don't have gears in your car, you might as well get a shorter tire, your speedo won't be that far off and the gear reduction effect won't hurt you at all. I have heard lots of good things about the Potenza S-03 Pole Positions. I believe Bridgestone makes that and the RE750 that was mentioned and the S-03 is the superior tire of those two.

If you don't want to spend that must though, seriously, a shorter tire won't hurt you and looking at 45 sereis tires will expand your horizons emensely.
Yeah, i ran a 215/65/15 last year. Bit shorter, speedo was off 2 mph at 60. Not a big deal. And i did that to get the tire i wanted.

I will be running a 225/60/16 on 16" sport wheels this summer wrapped in RE750s.

Yeah, I was going to put 18s on the rear to get what I wanted for a tire size. But i'm going to hold off on the staggered rims for awhile.

I want to see how well I'll hook up with the LSD.

NSN Motorsports
http://www.nsnmotorsports.com
"Fordless" - But I do have alot of Mercon V laying around...
'96 Eagle Talon ESI

Parts ---> Dan Newman - Town & Country Ford - 800-847-2047

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in